Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Good call, Shawn, about buying both regulators. I had my 323i e46 for 5 years, and replaced these two: front passenger and rear driver. No clue what happened before my ownership.

Well. Now that I'm home and have talked to Colin I find out his brother was in the back seat...! Back to the dealer tomorrow.

Window regulator finally went out..

ELECTR.WINDOW LIFTER REAR RI:513232 (51-35-8-212-100) is $88 at BMW of Alex (online) in case any wondered. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Well. Now that I'm home and have talked to Colin I find out his brother was in the back seat...! Back to the dealer tomorrow.
    LOL ... Sorry I missed your face at that moment. Are you returning the front ones ?

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    LOL ... Sorry I missed your face at that moment. Are you returning the front ones ?
    :-/

I'll keep the right one as that window is worrying me. May replace it when I do the NB door cards. I need to see if the driver's side has already been done. For some reason I think the PO did it. Will check the paperwork.

So now that the rear is done. I'm thinking of doing the front one. The symptom is that it's sluggish/slow. Is that the regulator or perhaps the motor itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    So now that the rear is done. I'm thinking of doing the front one. The symptom is that it's sluggish/slow. Is that the regulator or perhaps the motor itself?
    Well, mine clicks/shifts a couple times a little bit past halfway down and then is slow to come up sometimes stopping about an inch from the top. I press up again and it goes up. It is off and on though, sometimes it makes it up all the way at a decent speed which based upon my initial post on the topic awhile ago led Dane to express it was the regulator without hesitation.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Sluggish = regulator. I had that problem when I bought my car and a new regulator fixed it. I also replaced both front regulators on another E46 in my family for the same reason with the same outcome.

The motor is set so that it slows down or stops if it encounters any resistance... Motor failures are fairly rare.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Sluggish = regulator. I had that problem when I bought my car and a new regulator fixed it. I also replaced both front regulators on another E46 in my family for the same reason with the same outcome.

The motor is set so that it slows down or stops if it encounters any resistance... Motor failures are fairly rare.
    Yes maybe out 6 regulators I 've replaced on 4 different bimmers I have never changed a motor.....its almost always the cable

sent by new technology DA

Autozone.com
    Good to know. Thanks guys. I have the two fronts in hand and need to replace them. Daniel? :-)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast