Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Really enjoying the PB duhmiko sold me the other day. I expect to have more on this in coming day or two, but: get one!
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Love my SB, hadn't really tried a PB. I like having the button for settings as I can turn it off when my wife drives my car.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Damn u still awake , I though I was the only one still awake lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Damn u still awake , I though I was the only one still awake lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    There's literally dozens of us!

Now that I've got it installed, a couple of notes from my personal perspective:

1) I have no idea how on earth any of you drive with any mode past Eco... undrivable, IMO, with so much sensitivity!
    2) Even Eco mode has some serious sensitivity
    3) The cable is way too short... needs to be longer to be able to route it into the center console or something...
    4) There is a bit of a jump in responsiveness once you get past a certain pedal point, kind of like a multiplier increases all of a sudden - quite strange
    5) I'm on my 4th day and I STILL can't do smooth upshifts because I'm struggling to get used to it, where this was not an issue with the stock mapping
    6) Rev matching on the downshifts is quite a bit easier when only doing 1 gear down - multiple gears down is definitely messing with me. I'm used to mashing the throttle to the floor to go from 6th to 3rd, but with this, it doesn't work that way and it way overrevs. Getting used to this is taking longer than it should be.

We'll have to see how this pans out...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Here's my report after about a week of use. I've been dialing down the settings over time, and am now two LED's below the Sport setting. It may be because I spent a few days skirting danger with higher Sport settings, but I am not bothered by the car's performance in this configuration. I'm not having the reaction BP reports immediately above. Shifting has been smooth, but I also just had my CDV disabled. I continue to experiment with settings, and may well dial down performance further with time. I really enjoy having the PedalBox online, that much is certain.

My only real gripe is with the cable length: my control unit has wound up underneath my seat and of course there are several reasons that's not the optimal placement.

BTW: reading around has shown that the multipin jack at the top of the control box is for USB connection to a laptop: as if the 21-odd settings are not enough, you can apparently launch program that lets you custom-map settings of your own.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    BTW: reading around has shown that the multipin jack at the top of the control box is for USB connection to a laptop: as if the 21-odd settings are not enough, you can apparently launch program that lets you custom-map settings of your own.
    Do you know if that is the official use for that port? If so, any idea where to get the software for it? I'd love to take a stab at creating a custom curve...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Do you know if that is the official use for that port? If so, any idea where to get the software for it? I'd love to take a stab at creating a custom curve...
    I will search around right now. I didn't bookmark it.

ON EDIT: FOUND!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRZiJ8CAvI

I had a learning curve with the Sprint booster but not nearly as bad as BP describes with the pedal box...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Now that I've got it installed, a couple of notes from my personal perspective:

1) I have no idea how on earth any of you drive with any mode past Eco... undrivable, IMO, with so much sensitivity!
    2) Even Eco mode has some serious sensitivity
    3) The cable is way too short... needs to be longer to be able to route it into the center console or something...
    4) There is a bit of a jump in responsiveness once you get past a certain pedal point, kind of like a multiplier increases all of a sudden - quite strange
    5) I'm on my 4th day and I STILL can't do smooth upshifts because I'm struggling to get used to it, where this was not an issue with the stock mapping
    6) Rev matching on the downshifts is quite a bit easier when only doing 1 gear down - multiple gears down is definitely messing with me. I'm used to mashing the throttle to the floor to go from 6th to 3rd, but with this, it doesn't work that way and it way overrevs. Getting used to this is taking longer than it should be.

We'll have to see how this pans out...
    I wouldn't be surprised if you removed it...I tested out Shawn's and had it in for about 4-5 days and it was gone. WAY too sensitive. Maybe I am just SO used to the stock throttle it just doesn't bother me. I like the notion that I just need to mash it to "go fast or get up in the rev range" That's it. Not just barely tap it and WHAM i'm redlining...feels off to me.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast