Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    I don't feel that way with the Sprint Booster. I really like the green setting.... so much so that I just removed the switch all together... I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I would just like to chime in and say that, everyone should also be aware that making this small upgrade is going to put you at a much higher risk for sub frame cracking related issues. I would highly suggest getting the sub frame reinforced before getting something like this, that is if you're the type to have fun with the car with the improved snappy throttle response. This flimsy sheet metal that our beloved manufacture, unfortunately decided to go with for the sub frame on our cars, is very unforgiving. The added ability to obtain a quicker torque response, will be transferred through to the differential, which is bolted directly to said sheet metal.

I personally do not own a SB or PB, but plan to snag one after the car goes in next month to have a new sub frame welded in. This is a nightmare that I have been dealing with for MANY months now, and after many headaches, the car is going into a BMW body shop 5/16/16 to get just under 40 hours of body work/taking apart of the entire rear end of the car and all components. This is, in the eyes of most, a stupid decision to make. Spending all this money on a car that is "not worth it", however, to me the car means more sentimentally than anything I have ever had..

I am not trying to scare you guys, nor am I bad mouthing these upgrades. Hell, I can't wait to get one, I just wouldn't wish such a problem on anyone! Use caution my friends, and cover your behind ahead of time

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Most every performance mod we add to our cars will increase driveline shock. It's just a chance we have to live with.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I'm glad to see you guys are enjoying your PedalBox.

I like my Sprint Booster mainly because I have a functional Sport button on my center console

I'm okay with this

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Most every performance mod we add to our cars will increase driveline shock. It's just a chance we have to live with.
    Somewhat true, I would hesitate to say, "most" though..
    An aftermarket exhaust wont increase chances nearly as much as a tune that increases throttle response.

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Heavy duty bushings, motor mounts, trans mounts, etc. all contribute to increased driveline shock...
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Heavy duty bushings, motor mounts, trans mounts, etc. all contribute to increased driveline shock...

See, I agree with you 100% regarding all of that. I've expressed the need to have proper, functional rubber on the car many times here as well.. Again, I was only chiming in because I would hate to hear of another member getting surprised with a sub frame issue. Charlie knows my pain, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I like my Sprint Booster mainly because I have a functional Sport button on my center console
    BTW, I remember when you first did this.....I still want it. Gonna start on the DIY once the car goes into Warwick next month, might need a hand, traded for a burger and some beers???

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

I posted this elsewhere, but SprintBooster now has a V3, which is extremely customizable.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

​Looks like the same price point as the V2. $289

Sprint Booster V3
    https://www.sprintboostersales.com/index.cfm
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

It's too bad this thread's title is "PedalBox AKA SprintBooster", since they are two different, competing devices.

That said:
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Now that I've got it [PedalBox] installed, a couple of notes from my personal perspective:
    ...3) The cable is way too short... needs to be longer to be able to route it into the center console or something...
    It is indeed too short. Since the PedalBox is a largely set-it-and-forget it device for me, I cut a cable notch into the side of the first aid box I have installed under my seat, and keep the controller there.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast