Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    BP, it's likely not easy to really capture the benefit of this on video. But, from what you are describing, this is exactly why they invented this and the SB, so you should just take the leap of faith and get one. Or, drive Charlie's now that he has it to see the difference.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I'm having such a hard time finding a decent video of this unit on YouTube in a BMW. The only video I found was a demonstration of how much the revs rise when you press the button with a steady pedal, which is useless to me.

Could you pleeeeeeease post a video of the actual pedal response? Like, from the moment you touch the pedal, how soon do the revs rise? I can completely floor mine right now and let off the pedal before the revs even start to rise; it's truly ridiculous, making perfectly smooth rev-matching extremely challenging.

Pleeeeeeeease???
    As Johnrando said, I don't know how to capture the response on a video. The graphs and the description I and others have given - that of a more linear and instant response - captures it pretty well. I can add one more observation - after driving with the PedalBox in the Sport or Sport+ modes for a few days, driving with it off quickly reminds me that this was a good purchase for me!

If I can think of a savvy way to mount/hide the remote, I'm jumping on this. The throttle response is my biggest issue with my car.

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    If I can think of a savvy way to mount/hide the remote, I'm jumping on this. The throttle response is my biggest issue with my car.
    Throttle response is enough of an issue where mounting the thing should only cross your mind once purchased.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Throttle response is enough of an issue where mounting the thing should only cross your mind once purchased.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    You're a bad influence. I need to get on top of the cooling system first.

To those who have it, can you give me the dimensions on the remote?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    BP, it's likely not easy to really capture the benefit of this on video. But, from what you are describing, this is exactly why they invented this and the SB, so you should just take the leap of faith and get one. Or, drive Charlie's now that he has it to see the difference.
    John, BP has already driven my ZHP w/ Sprint Booster....
    Last edited by cakM3; 08-08-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Oh! Now that I think if it, I thought so. His other post made it seem like he was looking to see the difference one made so I thought maybe he hadn't. BP, curious what you wanted the video for.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Oh! Now that I think if it, I thought so. His other post made it seem like he was looking to see the difference one made so I thought maybe he hadn't. BP, curious what you wanted the video for.
    I wanted the video to see what the difference in lag is between the time you press the pedal to the time the revs actually rise.
    I want to see something on the PedalBox because it is not the same result as the SprintBooster, based on their claims. If their claims are true, the PedalBox is supposed to be as close to a throttle cable as you can get, which is what I want. I don't want the dead zone of the Sprint Booster where at the top of the pedal travel there is no more response. I want as much fine tuning potential with my right foot as possible, and it needs to be predictable.

So, since I haven't tried the PedalBox in anyone's car yet, and I can't find any videos on it, I'm stuck. I don't want to end up purchasing it, being disappointed, and then realizing I could have gone the SprintBooster route with a Sport button retrofit, which is a lot more OEM. I would go this route if the PB doesn't live up to my expectation. I just can't find anyone who can make a video of it showing the pedal blip response.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Ah I see. I think William wsmeyer went Pedalbox, you might want to ping him. Too bad I just saw this response, as I was literally just over there an hour ago.

Ah I see. I think William wsmeyer went Pedalbox, you might want to ping him. Too bad I just saw this response, as I was literally just over there an hour ago.
    I saw this thread and I might be able to get a video of it this weekend. The pedalbox is currently in the wife's X5 but I've been meaning to swap it back anyway. Not sure how beneficial a video is going to be though. Maybe if I video the gas pedal and then you can hear the engine rev.

A comparison directly between the two would be the most valuable to other members. If you're willing to do it and find someone to loan you a SprintBooster I'll loan you my pedalbox.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast