Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Detailing - a newb who wants to start

I know not detailing your Zed HP is sacrilegious, but I'm guilty as charged. This is my first up-scale sedan I've owned and I've never even clay barred before. I know right? (I'll give you all a sec to finish your face palming...) So Sad. My ZHP is hating my guts right now.

Now, before you light your torches and form a PETzhp crusade, hear me out. Well, I'm in the middle of Seattle living in an apartment and have no real access to water (hehe not talking about rain water!) and it's gotten the best of me. However, I really want to get started on detailing and have been watching YouTube vids for some guidance. What I am at a loss for is what starter kit to buy. I really want to do it right the first time, no skimping around, and I would prefer bulk to save some $$$. What suggestions do you have for such a newb? Yes, I'm a COMPLETE newb. Help me save my ZHP!
    Fuelly

Hmmm, no water access at all? That could be a problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Hmmm, no water access at all? That could be a problem...

Nope.

Optimum No Rinse

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Nope.

Optimum No Rinse

+1
    Good stuff! I live in a Town home community without easy access to water. If the car is not filthy, I have used Optima with great results. Use a bucket with a screen in the bottom to catch all the crud. Wash and repeat!

Gary

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

If you want to start in true grasshopper fashion, then learn the ins and outs by hand. For that, I would buy any clay, any clay lubricant, 3m hand glaze, then any carnuba wax. The 3m hand glaze is a glaze, which means it does not correct imperfections; it fills them. Damn, it looks good for a few months, though! Once you get the hang of all of that, you know, waxing on and waxing off, then you might dip into the pocket for a random orbital machine, meguires m105 and m205, then top it with whatever sealant or wax you want.

And read a lot: http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Nope.

Optimum No Rinse

This....

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    If you want to start in true grasshopper fashion, then learn the ins and outs by hand. For that, I would buy any clay, any clay lubricant, 3m hand glaze, then any carnuba wax. The 3m hand glaze is a glaze, which means it does not correct imperfections; it fills them. Damn, it looks good for a few months, though! Once you get the hang of all of that, you know, waxing on and waxing off, then you might dip into the pocket for a random orbital machine, meguires m105 and m205, then top it with whatever sealant or wax you want.

And read a lot: http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/
    And this.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim