Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I ran on my stock M135 18x8.5's 265/35/18 on stock height with no rubbing issues. But the safe offset kept everything further in from the fender than an aftermarket offset. Here are what Falken FK452's looked like on these wheels:

I have ET45 on 19"x9.5 with a more rounded Toyo T1R tire. The tires are slightly tucked and i do get a tiny bit of rub if I have 3 or more in the car with me while taking a corner at hard lateral G's. The rub comes from the rear driver side and I think the tire is just hitting the upper fender well with the corner of the tire. ET35 is totally fine in the front at my height as I've never had an issue....I just hit the bump stop rolling over a massive speed bump a little to quickly which was probably not healthy for the upper strut tower.

Here are what a Toyo looks like with a 235/35/19 setup on an 8.5" which I believe can handle 245 or 255 no problem for next time but only with that tire sidewall shape:

For just the wheel stance of an ET45 19x9.5 here is a reference...

It's funny how my passenger side rear is a lower stance yet it never rubs. So I guess the wheel wells must be shaped different on the other side which has a higher stance but rubs on hard corners with weight in the backseat.

Here's a picture of the opposite side rear showing more tire definition so you can see the sidewall shape of a Toyo T1R is much more angled/rounded when using a 255/30 on that wheel. Side fender clearance is not a problem at all with the wheel at ET45, since I've rolled both sides moderately without flaring.

I have 10mm spacers for an ET35 rear to try out this season so I'll see how much rub I get with those on the driver's rear and how much I need to raise the back up to keep rub down. I really rather have 265's on the rear as I prefer a more squared off sidewall stance look but I know that with different models/brands of tires, sidewall shape will all be different so it's a fine line of what will rub and what won't.

So if you get more aggressive rear ET35's, I'd have to say you'll need to have a mild to moderate stretched look with a lowering job so the upper sidewall doesn't contact the inner upper fender liner. On standard suspension you'll probably be fine with just a fender roll which isn't a big job on a sedan. Coupes have a thick sealer gunk all inside the fender lip that needs to be cut out to roll/bend the fender up. Sedans have a very thin version of the sealer so the metal will bend up easy without removing the sealant. If you use rear ET45, you'll probably be able to afford a more squared sidewall which looks meatier especially if you lower a bit but don't tuck the tires as much as in my pictures as you risk some rub.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Trevor, if you ever try to leave this forum, I'll send a posse out to bring you back.

Thanks for the contribution.

Just sharing the knowledge!! from the short 3 years of car modification I've learned a lot. Spending lots of time at my friends car mod shop also helps as I get to pick everyone who works there, brain apart. :D
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Trevor, do you still have your rear bumper clips in? I had to take mine out after a few good sized bumps made the tire make contact with them (same wheels as yours except tires were Dunlop SP Sport Maxx).

I must still have them. I have no idea what you're asking. LOL. Everything's been perfect and dandy here! Bumper hasn't shown any signs of wanting to fall off.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

No, the bumper doesn't fall off. There are some clips that go between the rear bumper and the rear fender. A lot of the guys that lower their cars and have decent width rear tires have to remove them. With the same setup as mine, I thought you may have run into a similar issue.

Also, I had to get my fenders rolled on day one when I got the VMR V710 setup due to rubbing.

I don't think I'm slammed enough to have that problem yet. I'll make sure to look into it when I try 10mm spacers in the rear. I want more flush stance just like the front ET35's. If I need to I'll roll the fenders more aggressively.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Trevor, if you ever try to leave this forum, I'll send a posse out to bring you back.

Thanks for the contribution.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Thanks for the input. Very detailed. I am going to steer clear of the 35 et cause i want a meaty tire and am not a huge fan of stretch since it should be a performance car and all. I will most likely end up with either the VT996 or the ESR1s, both have 43-45 et. I hate making decisions like this.

If I had the money I would probably get the VT since I think they would look sweet on my car with a few more mods but I think it is going to remain pretty close to stock for awhile longer.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456