Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFE Intake

Quote Originally Posted by lpcmen2001 View Post
    Very interesting review. Thanks a lot ! I was wondering how easy was the installation ? Did you have to drill any hole ? How much time did it take ? Did you need to remove some parts under the hood in order to fit it in ? (Except your current AI of course...)

Thanks a lot !
    Installation is very simple. No holes need to be drilled as it mounts to the factory points. It should take you about a half hour to get the old one out and the AFE in. The only things you need to remove are the snorkel and old intake. Just a couple plastic 'rivets' on the snorkel and some bolts on the intake. I've removed/put back the AFE Intake so many times now I could do it in under 5 minutes.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Why did you remove and put back the AFE "so many times"?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Why did you remove and put back the AFE "so many times"?
    Doing my Oil Gauges required my removing of the Intake. I screwed around with that area so many times I took out the intake I think 9 times just for that. Also removed driver's headlight once which required removing intake, removed it multiple times during the CCV Update, and probably a few other times. Not because of a defect in the intake itself or anything.

My Project Thread

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Ok

Droid X! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Get it Dane. Then we can dyno, c'mon mannnn.

I already bought it bro.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I already bought it bro.
    On it's way or waiting to be installed?

My Project Thread

It was 4 weeks back ordered, 1 week ago.

Droid X! Srs Legitness!

Saving my shekels for a new CAI and it's down to the BMW performance CAI and the afe. However, I am still trouble shooting my warm start up issue. I'm going to replace the upper and lower intake boots. My question is is there an upgraded performance type intake boot that anyone is aware of. I have seen the silicon lower intake boots that go for around $100 but they appear to only fir the m3. Should I look for upgraded intake boots or just go with BMW boots.

I'm going to go with the Stett one here when the time comes.

I believe David (Mtnmn) and a few other members have it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast