Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Must read before performing maintenance on your car!!!!

Christian Richard Klorczyk

This is a story about the life, and sad death of Christian Richard Klorczyk, who died far too young. RIP Christian and prayers to your Family and friends. Let this forever be a reminder to all of us who DIY.

Christian Richard Klorczyk

Christian Richard Klorczyk Slideshow

Safe Jack points. Please review the following thread prior to performing maintenance under your car. Assess the risk, and if you don't feel safe, take it into the shop.

Safe Jack Points

Near Miss - Good Data

Jack Stands

Others feel free to chime into this thread and add safety tips that aren't stated in the other four threads above.

Be safe Fella's
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bump

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bump

No flame suit required!

Good point Dane! We all should take the time to be aware of hazards when doing maintenance on our cars. Key point is to be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Good point Dane! We all should take the time to be aware of hazards when doing maintenance on our cars. Key point is to be safe!
    Much agreed, I think that's the reason my back is injured. I got in a hurry when working on the ccv replacement. Looking back, I should have taken the time to jack the front up before performing the task.

PS the injury has gotten worse, pain is gone in my back, but moved to my left leg, which hints that it's damaging the nerve.

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

yup yup. Next time I need to get under the car I will be ordering these 2 piece ramps. I really dislike using jacks/jack stands if I can avoid it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    Much agreed, I think that's the reason my back is injured. I got in a hurry when working on the ccv replacement. Looking back, I should have taken the time to jack the front up before performing the task.

PS the injury has gotten worse, pain is gone in my back, but moved to my left leg, which hints that it's damaging the nerve.
    not necessarily. two fingers in my left hand went numb for no reason. It took 4+(!) months but they're back to normal. My co worker had severe pain in his leg that the doctors contributed to a nerve in his back. He went to physical therapy and I think it helped a lot if not totally got rid of his pain. I would go to the doctor and ask about getting with a physical therapist.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    yup yup. Next time I need to get under the car I will be ordering these 2 piece ramps. I really dislike using jacks/jack stands if I can avoid it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

not necessarily. two fingers in my left hand went numb for no reason. It took 4+(!) months but they're back to normal. My co worker had severe pain in his leg that the doctors contributed to a nerve in his back. He went to physical therapy and I think it helped a lot if not totally got rid of his pain. I would go to the doctor and ask about getting with a physical therapist.
    I have ramps. Very little help imo. Most of the maintenance it seems like I do is suspension, wheel, brake related. Ramps no good for that.

Under engine stuff, oil/tranny/diff fluid changes or exhaust tweaks.... Sure.

Sent from my S8+

Bump

Sent from my S8+

25 or more years ago I was working on the starter of an RX7 that was resting on two jackstands in the front. The car was in gear but the handbrake was off. I hot wired the starter and somehow the solenoid kicked in, would not cut off, and caused the starter to engage the flywheel. Bad combination with me under the car. The rear wheels, being on the floor, drove the car forward and the jack stands 'walked' forward with the car. It took me about half a second to get out from under it, but that was a LONG half second. It only stopped when it contacted the back wall of the shop. Luckily no damage.

Autozone.com
    Oh,man !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast