Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    25 or more years ago I was working on the starter of an RX7 that was resting on two jackstands in the front. The car was in gear but the handbrake was off. I hot wired the starter and somehow the solenoid kicked in, would not cut off, and caused the starter to engage the flywheel. Bad combination with me under the car. The rear wheels, being on the floor, drove the car forward and the jack stands 'walked' forward with the car. It took me about half a second to get out from under it, but that was a LONG half second. It only stopped when it contacted the back wall of the shop. Luckily no damage.
    holy crud, i guess that's why they say to disconnect the battery, right?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Glad ur ok

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

One More Thing...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Good point Dane! We all should take the time to be aware of hazards when doing maintenance on our cars. Key point is to be safe!
    It helps to keep in mind that any time you are under a car that has been lifted with a 'Harbor Freight Type' floor jack you are trusting your life to a ten-cent Chinese O-ring in the hydraulic circuit. This alone should keep you from being there in the first place. Take time to learn where and how to place your jack stands without going under the car and don't be afraid of redundancy. NEVER allow expedience to cause you to take a short cut with safety.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    It helps to keep in mind that any time you are under a car that has been lifted with a 'Harbor Freight Type' floor jack you are trusting your life to a ten-cent Chinese O-ring in the hydraulic circuit. This alone should keep you from being there in the first place. Take time to learn where and how to place your jack stands without going under the car and don't be afraid of redundancy. NEVER allow expedience to cause you to take a short cut with safety.
    +1

Nice bump.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12