Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    what's this part? It looks different in most everyone's pictures, some shiny, some black. What's it's function with those 2 semicircle shapes?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Added some plastic cable wrap and cloth tape over top because why not. The routing of the cable was fine, but I spent several years working with electrical and fuel line routing on vibrating machines and do not play games with this stuff.
    Fuzzy cloth tape? Get outta here, abrasion & heat resistance cloth tape is where it's at

but seriously thanks for all the detail, will come really useful next spring. Btw what strut bar do you have? I don't think I've seen one like that before

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    what's this part? It looks different in most everyone's pictures, some shiny, some black. What's it's function with those 2 semicircle shapes?
    My best guess, probably a blanking plate to fill the holes where the RHD models have their master cylinder and associated parts routed
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Fuzzy cloth tape? Get outta here, abrasion & heat resistance cloth tape is where it's at

but seriously thanks for all the detail, will come really useful next spring. Btw what strut bar do you have? I don't think I've seen one like that before

My best guess, probably a blanking plate to fill the holes where the RHD models have their master cylinder and associated parts routed
    Yep definitely a blanking plate

I have a cheap Ultra Racing strut bar that I cut ~0.75in out of the center and rewelded so it would work with my extended slot strut towers. Shortening it also lowered it down on in the engine bay making for a tight fit with the M56 valve cover. We good tho.

Alright gents, got around to getting this done on mine. Pizza's detail came in extremely handy - much appreciated but I do have a few things to add:

1) On the positive jump post where it interfaces with the drug bin wall, you will need to trim the edge that continues with the top edge of the wall, or the rubber trim won't sit flat. The below pic is after I cut it, original shape is in red:

2) For those with a working alarm, I'd recommend mounting your hood switch a little higher than what pizza and I have it set to (top of hood sensor bracket flush with the top cover of the positive jump post). Initially, my alarm wouldn't engage, even though the switch was getting pushed down (verified by paint marker). I guess the switch only switches closer to the very bottom of its travel. Luckily, all I had to do was slightly tweak and angle the switch and it did work.

3) (optional) - I too love nutserts (middle cover hasn't been trimmed yet):

All in all I'm glad to have this done. Moar camber and caster without interfering with my rebound knob!

EDIT: oooooof and don't forget to tape/heat shrink the area of the lug that now sticks out (gotta go back and do that):

Last edited by t.er; 05-20-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345