Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    These instructions worked like a charm for me. Got a used unit off craigslist for 40 bucks (the backlit one).

2008 128i ZSP Sedonarot

---

2004 330i ZHP Imolarot
    Conforti Shark Injector - Installation Pending!
    AFE Magnum FORCE Stage 1 PRO 5R Intake
    ECS Tuning Strut Bar
    ECS Tuning Magnetic Drain Plug
    German Auto Solutions DISA Gold Valve
    CDV Delete
    BSW and Polk Drivers
    Ziza LED Interior Kit
    Khoalty CREE LED Reverse Lights
    BMW strut tower reinforcement plates

This was my first DIY on the ZHP - a very satisfying one.
    Works on most GDOs.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    So lets go into the concept here. The module that plugs into our car is called the Homelink module, yes? Will it work with any garage door opener or does it have to be a certain brand(s) to be able to open the door? Could this conceivably work for an apartment building gate if it is operated by a similar remote?
    From what I have seen in all my research over the last week the short answer is YES. But the process can be very different depending on what you are trying to pair it to. Sadly I cant find the information on that at the moment either.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    So lets go into the concept here. The module that plugs into our car is called the Homelink module, yes? Will it work with any garage door opener or does it have to be a certain brand(s) to be able to open the door? Could this conceivably work for an apartment building gate if it is operated by a similar remote?
    All depends on the type of receiver the gate uses.

There are also Homelink outlets/wiring receivers you can buy and install that allow you to turn on anything (such as exterior or interior home lighting) from your Homelink.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    All depends on the type of receiver the gate uses.

There are also Homelink outlets/wiring receivers you can buy and install that allow you to turn on anything (such as exterior or interior home lighting) from your Homelink.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Oh so this thing can do more than open garage doors huh?? Haha. That's neat
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

That would be boss to roll up open the garage and turn on the lights and gas fireplace as you're pulling in

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Thanks for this DIY. Took me 45 minutes and it is done. A great upgrade for very little effort.
    ---------------
    2004 330i ZHP OB NB 6MT
    2011 335i Auto
    1995 325i Convertible

Yup I am finally ordering one next week now that I park my car in a garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPLove View Post
    Thanks for this DIY. Took me 45 minutes and it is done. A great upgrade for very little effort.
    Nice! Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

FYI I tried to order the home link module p/n 82111470125 and it appears they have now been discontinued and you cannot get them from BMW any longer. I have checked 2 different vendors and they have said the same thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast