Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To dynavin or not to...

I've had the idea of installing a dynavin d99+ for about a month now but can't get myself to actually make the purchase. It's torture for me at work it's all I think about! This all stems from years of fumbling around trying to drive and not miss my call but also a recent visit to my cousin who shares our bmw addiction. He has an e36 m3 tuned very well maintaining that core oem+ look (I'll link his bimmerforum handle here). One of his mewest mods is a great headunit (can't remember specifics will update) that performs all of those functions yet oem look. It drove my crazy how incredible Bluetooth really is! We swap cars while we visit eachother so when running around town prepping the expansion tank work i did i found myself jealous! To cut to the heart of it, bluetooth capability is so essential. I've reviewed parrot a few times and just haven't read compelling reviews especially referring to audio streaming. Since the dynavin doesn't half ass it and does make a bt audio streaming experience worth the money I should buy. Another huge kicker is that the unit sticks true to the BMW interface and console display look, matching or, toggles, lighting, designing in general. The only thing holding me back is all of my years in a stock e46. Since my first 323i tiag (owned @ 30k miles onward) I've known and loved the headunit. I spent 3 hrs total driving to high school and back daily, which made me love these cars, and highways, valley hairpins, and my head unit.

Pro's: all BT functions, Oem + look, great user interface, steering wheel controls, i5 Siri for texts, and navigation

Con's : NOT classic e46.

I know it may sound ridiculous but that's the whole argument for me. I could use some genuine input here haha. This opens a whole debate I feel. Some reviews on dynavin or other products are required zhp mafia.

Also, those who can't leave their stock unit chime in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony stopped by Sunday with his ZHP and it has the Eonon head unit, similar to Dynavin D99. I'm in the same boat but I had assured Kyle that if I was very pleased with his stereo install I would let him do everything in my ZHP....that means the OEM Nav goes out...so I'm seriously leaning on the Dynavin D99 as well but the Eonon is just less than half the price of the Dynavin and looks exactly the same to me....there is a detailed thread (Eonon D5150 (another cheap nav) + Optional TPMS) in the audio section if you haven't looked there yet.

Yeah, the bluetooth connectivity is paramount for me as well.

here's the link:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10063-Eonon-D5150-(another-cheap-nav)-Optional-TPMS/page12

I really don't like the OEM Nav unit interface for numerous reasons (though i do like the sound) and would lean towards the Eonon based on Tony and the e46f.c feedback. I had replaced the OEM HU in my '02 330Ci with one that had BT, iPod/USB interface and really feel the '04 Nav unit is a step backwards. In that this is now my 20yo's car, I will not invest in a new HU (he can if he chooses). I did order an Aux jack and guess that will have to suffice until he saves his money. Good luck with your decision.

Shawn in VA.
    Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

I have the eonon d5150 and it's definitely got its drawbacks. Harness wire swap needed and trimming of the included antenna and iPod cables, bugs in OS, crap NAV and CAN bus issues resulting in input swap every start up....but given all this, I'd still buy it over again for the 340 dollars it cost. Bluetooth is a life saver....I was just fed up with fumbling for the phone. That alone made it worth it to me, but the iPod functionality is really good, Bluetooth streaming music and loading iGo 2.4 navigation made it much better. If you're set on the dynavin don't let it being aftermarket hold you back. The functionality really brings the e46 to current standards and that makes the car more valuable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
    I have the eonon d5150 and it's definitely got its drawbacks. Harness wire swap needed and trimming of the included antenna and iPod cables, bugs in OS, crap NAV and CAN bus issues resulting in input swap every start up....but given all this, I'd still buy it over again for the 340 dollars it cost. Bluetooth is a life saver....I was just fed up with fumbling for the phone. That alone made it worth it to me, but the iPod functionality is really good, Bluetooth streaming music and loading iGo 2.4 navigation made it much better. If you're set on the dynavin don't let it being aftermarket hold you back. The functionality really brings the e46 to current standards and that makes the car more valuable IMO.
    Thanks for that last sentence, it's putting my mind at ease

With eonon, you can always return it no questions asked before 60 days. I did for the 5113 at the cost of shipping, which was $40 (Seattle to HK FedEx). I'm sure dynavin has a similar policy so if you're dying to know it may be worth it.
    Fuelly

Have you considered Dice Mediabridge? Sounds like BT is your big want, so maybe that'd be an option.

I have the Dynavin D99 and love it. For $699, you can't beat it. I would recommend the factory HVAC relocation bracket though, to maintain that OEM look.

Bill
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

My opinion, as worthless as it is, is shut up and drive. Your phone call can wait. If it can't, pull over and make the call. Again, just my .02.

I also hate navigation units and any other in-car technology that distracts or detracts from driving.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Great advice guys! Thanks. But now comes the question... Dynamic or eonon d5150?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast