Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Got my bmw 1.4 scanner in

Installed super easy. Scan the car and had four errors on the DME.

The lean system banks 1 and 2 but i know that has been fixed.
    I had the camshaft poison sensor code and this makes sense bc ive had a VCG leak right on top of my sensor for the last month or so.
    Also I had a misfire in cylinder one, little weary but not to nervous

Now i reset the codes and will do some driving to see if anything gets thrown again. Question is I can assume the sensor needs changing correct? After clearing the code the car ran little rough so the sensor has to be going out for sure.
    Next issue being there are two P/n for the sensor. I assume getting the later one?
    04 330i

Edit:

Went for a short drive. Came back scanned again and got zero codes. So I think I might change the sensor as P/m and call it a day.
    Last edited by saace7; 06-27-2013 at 12:52 PM.

How was installation for you? Could you tell me the steps you used and the operating system you are using? Thanks in advance.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    How was installation for you? Could you tell me the steps you used and the operating system you are using? Thanks in advance.
    Very simple. I installed on a netbook (smallest laptop for portability but little slower) with XP home. With 1.8ghz processing it was more than enough to run the program with no issues. Thing is my netbook doesn't have a CD-rom drive. So I uploaded the files into a folder on my desktop, put it on a flash drive and transferred them on to my netbook. Same thing, extra step. Then, I installed software and ran it. A little box comes up after asking about hardware drivers and connections. I connected my cable with pin adapter to the computer and found new hardware. When it ask you to look for the files you can click advance and select "drivers" from the folder/files you got on the CD. Installed drivers from the folder, it found the connection to the pin adapter and all lights were green to go. From there you run program, plug it to your car, turn to ignition 2 and then you will click "continue" it finds all your info on your car first (options you have and stuff) then you will be directed to the main menu where you can scan the car and code and do other stuff.

This is for an 04 with the regular pin-adapter. Older cars require a different adapter. Not sure what year it is though. You can use win7 I am not aware of the steps though, from what I understand its harder to install because this software was designed for XP.. If you go to e46fan site they have thread with the steps for win7

You can find an XP laptop on craigslist for probably 50-100 bucks.

Thanks for the thorough response! Upon connecting the device to the computer prior to installation, did any of the lights illuminate? I may have a dead unit because nothing shows up on my computer when I connect the device.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    Thanks for the thorough response! Upon connecting the device to the computer prior to installation, did any of the lights illuminate? I may have a dead unit because nothing shows up on my computer when I connect the device.
    Make sure key is in pos 1, not 2.

Also make sure the cable to scanner connection is sound. My connection there isn't very tight.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Are you sure about position 1? The program even says position 2. Plus I've done it once and it cleared codes. But it didnt save anything that I coded. I tried to set my high beams to flash when I set the alarm/locks

Quote Originally Posted by saace7 View Post
    Are you sure about position 1? The program even says position 2. Plus I've done it once and it cleared codes. But it didnt save anything that I coded. I tried to set my high beams to flash when I set the alarm/locks
    You're right. I just checked. Pos 2. But make sure the cable stays seated.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim