Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great job
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    TiAg is one of those colors that doesn't typically show the beauty of a great detail as the darker colors do....
    AW is even worse at showing details of a good .. err.. detailing. probably worst.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
    FK = Finish Kare. They are a niche brand that have been around awhile, make great products. I have pretty much their full lineup and still haven't found a better tire dressing, quick detailer or glass cleaner. They went a bit nuts with "anti-static" additives which promote slick surfaces that dust doesn't stick to, water beads off of, and lasts a long time.

You can order their stuff on autogeek. 108 = Top Kote.

I apply 108 via a grout sponge. I spray onto a corner of the sponge, wipe on each tire, back the car up to rotate tires, then using a light second coating apply once more and flip the sponge to dry side to dry wipe it clean and remove the excess for a smooth finish that becomes dry to the touch (no greasy!), water beads off of and dirt simply doesn't stick...lasts for 1-2 months with regular cleanings.
    Thanks! did you hose off and spray the engine with the 1z W99 or apply by hand? an how did you apply the FK to the engine?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Thanks! did you spray the engine with the 1z W99? an how did you apply the FK to the engine?
    For the engine bay I first checked all visible connections and hoses, made sure they were tight...an important first step because right before I started I found his oil filter cap was barely on...I tightened and it looks like he'd stopped turning by hand as soon as the oring bit. I snugged it all the way down and then hosed down the bay and underside of the hood with the pressure washer. the W99 was a 5:1 dilution that I sprayed liberally in sections at a time. It's quite alkaline, so it does have the ability to cause corrosion on exposed aluminum if you let it dwell too long...so I made sure to keep it wet, sprayed a section, agitated, then rinsed clean. Followed up with drying with a leaf blower afterwards to avoid unnecessary extended water exposure.

For the 108 application I simply sprayed a MF towel and wiped on all plastics and visible rubber hoses.

We'll done. Mad respect and thanks for the contribution.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    AW is even worse at showing details of a good .. err.. detailing. probably worst.
    Agreed. I'm taking care of an AW 335d for a while, and whenever I wash it, I tell myself over and over that I'll never get an AW car.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Agreed. I'm taking care of an AW 335d for a while, and whenever I wash it, I tell myself over and over that I'll never get an AW car.
    Pics please.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Pics please.

Will do in the am. It's a beast and a smooooooth commuter. Over 30 mpg in ridiculous rte 9 stop and go traffic (jersey folk know the horror of rte 9).
    - Marc

Well done mate. Your engine bay looks fantastic! Then again so does the rest of the car..

Congrats for a job WELL done !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12