Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust

Hey guys. Selling my magnaflow exhaust. I'm listing it here for the mafia before I lost it on e46 and Craigslist. t's the full cat-back system. Was on the car for less than 10k miles. It looks and sounds amazing and I really enjoyed having it. It's deeper than the uuc and sounds better but that's just my opinion.

Pics will be up tonight or tomorrow as it's at home and I'm having my brother take some. It is off the car and ready to be boxed up and shipped out. Asking $650 local pickup. Will ship if buyer pays shipping.

It's located in Chapel Hill, NC currently but I could arrange to have it brought up to Blacksburg, VA it that's more convenient for the buyer.

If you guys have any other questions, just message me and I'll do my best to answer them!

Thanks!
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

I'm kinda new to the whole cat-back. Easy to install (or need a shop)? Pass VA emissions (or maybe you country boys don't have that on in B-burg!)? Performance improvements? - Thanks!

FS: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust

I installed in on my back in my driveway in 45 or so minutes. Comes with clamps. Need a ratchet to get nuts off headers then it just bolts right up!

It passes NC emissions so no issues there. I never put the car on a dyno but the car does seem to pull more/ spool quicker on the highway in 6th. Maybe a couple horsepower but it does feel like it frees up the motor some. My brother thought if pulled better in higher gears when he drove it as well.
    -Chris-

Bump will be listed on other forums and such starting this weekend
    -Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I'm kinda new to the whole cat-back. Easy to install (or need a shop)? Pass VA emissions (or maybe you country boys don't have that on in B-burg!)? Performance improvements? - Thanks!
    Shawn,
    Yes, a catback will pass Northern Virginia emissions tests. Preston's car has this same exhaust if you'd like to hear it. Performance improvement as a stand alone mod is minimal but in conjunction with a CAI and custom S/W tune it is definitely noticeable.

Installation can be a straight forward unbolt old and bolt up new or the bolts/nuts at the end of the stock exhaust manifolds can be a PITA. Have changed them before where even lying on my back in the garage with the car on jack stands it was less than an hour job. When swapping Preston's we had one nut that stripped and it had to be cut off. Luckily was doing it at my buddy's house on a lift and he had the heat right there to cut it off while I ran to the dealer to get new exhaust manifold bolts & nuts. I can link you up with him for an install if you decide to get Chris's catback, any install with Marty would be less than $100 (he charged one of Preston's friends $50 for some exhaust work and a friend of mine $70 as he had to custom fabricate a piece of exhaust pipe to make the aftermarket muffler fit properly). And he does this as a hobby/2nd job, so normally will do an install in the evening or on a weekend.

FYI -- For our cars, the catalytic converters are built into the stock exhaust manifolds and as such the O2 sensors are also immediately before & after those cats. Once you get to the bottom end of the exhaust manifold, you've completed whatever emissions BMW designed for this car to do. Thus the rest of the exhaust system is to just expend the spent gases, create some back pressure for the engine, and regulate the sound how BMW designed it. Folks go to aftermarket mufflers and/or resonator deletions or full catback aftermarket systems to change the tone to their personal preference. If you look at photos online, somewhere south of the exhaust manifolds your exhaust needs a convergence or pinch point to create some back pressure for the engine to help scavenge spent exhaust gases downstream. Different exhaust manufacturers do it different ways -- some are converging the two separate pipes at a resonator, some use an X-pipe, and some use narrowing of the exhaust pipe diameter to create that back pressure.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    Shawn,
    Yes, a catback will pass Northern Virginia emissions tests. Preston's car has this same exhaust if you'd like to hear it. Performance improvement as a stand alone mod is minimal but in conjunction with a CAI and custom S/W tune it is definitely noticeable.

Installation can be a straight forward unbolt old and bolt up new or the bolts/nuts at the end of the stock exhaust manifolds can be a PITA. Have changed them before where even lying on my back in the garage with the car on jack stands it was less than an hour job. When swapping Preston's we had one nut that stripped and it had to be cut off. Luckily was doing it at my buddy's house on a lift and he had the heat right there to cut it off while I ran to the dealer to get new exhaust manifold bolts & nuts. I can link you up with him for an install if you decide to get Chris's catback, any install with Marty would be less than $100 (he charged one of Preston's friends $50 for some exhaust work and a friend of mine $70 as he had to custom fabricate a piece of exhaust pipe to make the aftermarket muffler fit properly). And he does this as a hobby/2nd job, so normally will do an install in the evening or on a weekend.

FYI -- For our cars, the catalytic converters are built into the stock exhaust manifolds and as such the O2 sensors are also immediately before & after those cats. Once you get to the bottom end of the exhaust manifold, you've completed whatever emissions BMW designed for this car to do. Thus the rest of the exhaust system is to just expend the spent gases, create some back pressure for the engine, and regulate the sound how BMW designed it. Folks go to aftermarket mufflers and/or resonator deletions or full catback aftermarket systems to change the tone to their personal preference. If you look at photos online, somewhere south of the exhaust manifolds your exhaust needs a convergence or pinch point to create some back pressure for the engine to help scavenge spent exhaust gases downstream. Different exhaust manufacturers do it different ways -- some are converging the two separate pipes at a resonator, some use an X-pipe, and some use narrowing of the exhaust pipe diameter to create that back pressure.
    Thanks for the help Bruce!

It really is a great sounding exhaust! Just selling my zhp so I no longer need it.
    -Chris-

Pictures:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372852877.660303.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  62.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372852917.122396.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  78.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372852938.944426.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  76.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372852961.243436.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  74.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372852987.583623.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  77.4 KB
    -Chris-

Night bump. Make an offer if you're interested
    -Chris-

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Bump. $625. Get it before I list it elsewhere. Would like it to stay in the family.
    -Chris-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast