Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can feel the money leaving my pocket

I came out of work today and my zhp wouldn't turn over. The battery is good, even jumped it. All I get is 1 click when i turn the key and nothing else.

Dinan High Flow Intake | BMW Perf. Glossy Black Grills | Body Color Reflectors | Debadged | DICE iPod Integration| Front Plate Delete

Starter? If it would crank, then I would suspect fuel pump, but doesn't sound like she got that far. Sucks. Hope you are able to get her alive again soon!

-Brettski

All electrical turns on but no turn over? Maybe the starter?

Yup. It seems like the starter and from the brief research I did, labor is a PITA.

Dinan High Flow Intake | BMW Perf. Glossy Black Grills | Body Color Reflectors | Debadged | DICE iPod Integration| Front Plate Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo_GT View Post
    Yup. It seems like the starter and from the brief research I did, labor is a PITA.
    Actually, from what I've been hearing lately it's not too bad. Joop just did this in a parking lot I believe.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Actually, from what I've been hearing lately it's not too bad. Joop just did this in a parking lot I believe.

Elaborate please

I would rule out battery cables and connections first. You could try thumping the starter with a hammer. That will coax them to work again sometimes.

Hah... Yes, I recently did my starter. Not too bad, yes... In a parking lot, hell no...

There are two ways of accessing the starter, from the top or the bottom. Someone on here chose the top route, I went with the bottom route. I chose to do the whole job laying on my creeper (what can I say, I'm lazy!)...

Pick up a starter and hit it! You will need a lot of ratchet extensions and at least 2 universal joints though to gain access to the two bolts holding it in...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Hah... Yes, I recently did my starter. Not too bad, yes... In a parking lot, hell no...

There are two ways of accessing the starter, from the top or the bottom. Someone on here chose the top route, I went with the bottom route. I chose to do the whole job laying on my creeper (what can I say, I'm lazy!)...

Pick up a starter and hit it! You will need a lot of ratchet extensions and at least 2 universal joints though to gain access to the two bolts holding it in...
    My bad Joop. I thought wife had to bring you tools.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    My bad Joop. I thought wife had to bring you tools.

No she helped me pop start it to get it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast