Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new to me 05!

Gary pimping Sprint Booster..... nice!

I agree it's messed up about people putting in used oil and then taking it back to WalMart for a refund. You would think people working at WalMart would check to see if the cap has been opened....

Nope, this Aux jack won't work.

Be sure to check the version of DVD Nav you have. I bought one off of ebay for < $50 that works. Not that I use it much with my super-smart phone on board.

Also not sure you need to do plug at ~66k. They are due at 100k I beleive. Though I've been tempted to do mine--I'm at 73k.

The plugs being worn out is not the problem at 60-70K miles but the amount of time they've been in there will almost cement them to the threads in the head. A tech told me once that he recommended the plugs should be replaced as part of Inspection II which is every 60K miles. And if you're already doing a VCG replacement, you have easy access to do the spark plugs too. I do know when we replaced the VCG on my son's car at 85K miles, we changed the plugs and those things were way tighter than the recommended torque, had to use a breaker bar to get them loose.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    You would think people working at WalMart would check to see if the cap has been opened....
    Be honest with yourself, and ask yourself this question more slowly. You can look in the mirror while you do this if you have to.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Reminds me of the time how Costco stopped selling Omega watches... People would ask to try them on and then, with a sleight of hand, swap them with fakes. Many Costco employees wouldn't be able to tell the difference even if you pointed them out! Authorized Dealers are your friend...
    Fuelly

Bruce pardon my ignorance but VCG? valve cover gasket?

I will say the engine bay of this car is really filthy I get the feeling it was parked next to the construction site at the dealer, because the exterior is flawless, and the interior is really nice for being the light gray. I'll probably degrease it at a pay and spray this weekend.

No offense meant to the employees of walmart, they don't get paid enough to be knowledgable about every product they sell (if thats even possible). I would say the same to be true of most auto parts stores around me, it just happened to occur at walmart and I had already dumped the 5qts out of my subaru

Firstly, congrats on the new ride.

Secondly, this thread is all over the place and gave me good few chuckles this morning. Especially with wolf trying to post

Handwritten on my Moleskin notepad

I really have no idea what I am doing

Filthy engine bay ? May I recommend Silkolene Pro Prep ?
    I didn't try yet, but some mafiosos say it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Filthy engine bay ? May I recommend Silkolene Pro Prep ?
    I didn't try yet, but some mafiosos say it works great.
    Confirming it does.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast