Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmergofast View Post
    Very nice!

I had the bubbled shift knob when I got mine, eventually the whole plastic insert popped off on a hot summer day. Replaced with one that has been modded for illumination, found on eBay from a guy in Germany. Looks sweet, and adds at least 4hp!
    Hah, maybe I'll just wait for that. I heard they can be a pain to pull off (just that you pull and pull and pull and eventually it pops off and hits you in the face).

I promised my wife I would do her car's oil and brakes before getting into work on this one and it's just killing me to not be able to start getting at this list of things to do.

Welcome.

I too had my bimmer run into and had to get a beater to drive as my dd. The weird part? Mine is also a Saturn...98 SL2 with 280,000 miles (no joke). It was my mom's from day one passed down to my sister. It had a faulty door lock switch that kept killing the battery so she just let it die in her driveway for the past year and a half. This required new tires, oil change, brake fluid flush, new battery, new door lock switch and windshield wipers which I am convinced are killing the HP on this beast. Glad you found a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by seabassx View Post
    Here she is:
    Attachment 9478
    2001 Saturn SL1 with 170K miles. 100 horsepower when new and can't get out of her own way.

Like I said, picked it up for $parts by getting it to drive. Car wouldn't crank at all and the problem had been diagnosed as bad ECU (I think Saturn calls it a PCU) by my friend's mechanic, but the cost to replace it was prohibitive at over $1K. He had a new car already and said I could have this one.

Everything I read online told me that if you think your problem is a bad ECU, it's probably really a wiring or ground issue, but I cleaned all connections and got nowhere, so I thought I'd chance it. Picked up an ECU by mail from some Saturn junkyard down in FL for $85 and new battery for $90 (car had been sitting so long that old one was completely dead). Put it together and it fired right up after going through the procedure to sync the new ECU with the security system.

Mods:
    Cruise control delete (hardware is there, just does nothing. Probably due to junkyard ECU).
    Check Engine Light illumination (lets me know the bulb for the CEL display is working. Also probably from ECU mismatch).
    Mirror glass reinforcement (passenger side glass is glued in place, doesn't adjust)
    Master key: Sometimes security system gets confused and needs battery disconnected for a bit to start. I keep an 8mm wrench in the center console for this, although I think I managed to stop it from happening by locking with key rather than remote.

I actually looked at getting the ECU reflashed to be correct for this VIN, but the tech advised that he was pretty surprised this worked at all and there was some chance it would just kill the car.

Also has four mismatched tires. Thankfully, my drive to work is super-short and I just take the wife's car if going anywhere far.

Welcome...
    - P90X - P90X2 - INSANITY - T25 - TURBO FIRE - BRAZIL BUTT LIFT - 10 MIN TRAINER -
    - SHAKEOLOGY & FITNESS THREAD - * CLICK HERE TO ORDER * - SUPPORT ZHPMAFIA WHEN U SHOP -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234