Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: E90 Brakes Help

E90 Brakes Help

Hey guys, so my sister is coming up on her brakes service for her 328i (E90).

I want a slight upgrade for her, but nothing crazy. Just had a few questions.

What's a good street performance pad that has good braking and low dust? I was looking at Hawk HPS, but I'm not fluent in what the brands are and how good they are.

Also, is it necessary to replace her rotors? She's not sure how long she will be keeping the car, but she drives a lot, and it will still be her's for at least a year.
    -If I do replace her rotors, what is a good brand to buy for drilled or slotted rotors? Or both drilled and slotted? ECS tuning has their own in house brand, but I don't know the quality.

Also, do I need to change the brake fluid?

The car has 50k miles, and is a 2008 model year.

I will be buying all these parts through ECS Tuning, so please look at the brands offered there, or, if there are better parts at another site, please advise.

Thanks guise.
    In the market for an E90 M3

I replaced the four brake pads in my 2006 e90 330i at 66,000 miles. I asked for ceramic pads, due to the dust created by OEM. Not sure if they replaced the rotors at the same time. I believe they replaced the Brake fluid on the same visit. That service is recommended every two years.

I don't have the invoice handy, so I don't have the pad brand. Let me know if you need more info, maybe I can find the invoice.

Hit up Ray (smilez) for a brake kit or hit up one of our affiliates. For her, I would stick to a blank rotor (Zimmerman) and cermaic pads (Akebono). Low dust, decent bite.

It looks like these guys have some decent setups (pads and rotors) for E90:

Auto Parts Warehouse
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hawk hps and some centric blank rotors is my suggestion.

Autozone.com
    Thanks guys. I'll PM Ray later and see what he thinks, and if anything I'll go from there. I really wanted to get drilled rotors for the 1337 looks but if blank is best, I'll go with that.
    In the market for an E90 M3