Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

DSC diagnostic codes with ABS and brake warning lights: what to do next?

Car: family member's 2002 325i, auto trans. 89k miles.

Symptom: intermittent yellow brake and ABS warning lights in instrument cluster. They come on together, there is a single audible warning "gong" and while lit, the DSC doesn't work.

Recent alignment did not solve the problem. Notable because some have cured this problem via alignment.

Autologic diagnostic report: ABS/DSC: 5D8C can timeout; 5D97 voltage supply, both on DSC sensor.

This ring any bells? New DSC unit is $$$ and therefore not looking to replace it unless I have no choice. Hoping it's something peripheral to the DSC unit.

To any non-members who come across this thread and have the solution, please contact Mark at z1usa dot net.

Usually I think the first thing to check is the abs/speed sensors at the wheels.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=697551

More results.....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w=1060&bih=466

My personal experience was that unbolting and cleaning each wheel speed sensor made my DSC light problem go away. It won't fix every problem, but it's the cheapest possible fix to try! Another cheap option if you have the coding setup is to re-calibrate the steering angle sensor, but I assume if that were the problem you would have seen a message about it in the AutoLogic printout.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim