Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forgestar/Modbargains debacle

Kpro and I are in a battle with Modbargains now over a set of Forgestar F14F wheels that she waited 5 months to receive. These wheels were supposed to look just like the picture on Modbargains website with a huge polished lip on the back and decent sized polised lip on the front. She had them custom ordered with pink powder coated centers. The pink centers combined with the big lip would look bad-ass for sure. They told her that the maximum delivery date would be 9 weeks. Well that was March 11th after several broken promises on delivery dates and 5 months later we finally received them and they are hideous. there is no lip on the fronts and the backs only have an inch or less of a lip. Furthermore, the centers actually stick out past the rim of the wheel and the front center hub is about 5' thick. It looks terrible.

They're saying that the wheels are made properly for the car. Our point is that any wheel design can be made to fit a car but if it looks like it belongs on a Civic why would you do it?
    Bottom line is she asked for wheels with a big lip and that isn't what she got

This is what she thought she was getting with a pink center
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265718.087762.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  137.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265737.166529.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  122.2 KB

This is what she got:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265796.733598.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  189.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265824.784015.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  153.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265844.034217.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  155.3 KB

Does anyone think that these look anything like the wheels on the website?

Before passing judgment on ModBargains (or any other vendor review) as to whether or not to purchase your wares from them, please read the thread in it's entirety, then make your decision. Thank you

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

clearance for X5M brakes now...jk
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

how many INCHES of clearance between caliper and the inner surface on the face of the wheel?
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Brutal, not even close.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Mod bargains has some work to do. Even a blind man can see the difference.

Those were not the wheels you two ordered for sure.
    Fuelly

I was very close to ordering wheels from them; will not be doing that, for sure.

Sorry to hear about this. They messed up and they should fix it.
    In the market for an E90 M3

They told her to sell them on eBay!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Oh man I'd be pissed. That's a total joke! Clearly they think you'll give up. Definitely I'd file a claim/lawsuit against them.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Ouch that sucks.

Did you have to choose your offset, or did they choose that for you?

Use a lawsuit as your last resort - you may end up with nothing or even worse... Plus reputations and relations will be ruined and indirect relations (say possibly with other vendors/friends/family on modbargain's side) will be affected. Yes, they definitely messed up, but sometimes a compromise is the best solution for both parties.

Honestly, I would be surprised if you had to go to court for this - it seems pretty straightforward and they should know that potential customers will avoid them like the plague from now on if left uncorrected. Word spreads fast around the internet. They may even start getting defensive on it online to justify their decision, maintain their reputation, and rally their troops... However, I wish you the best on a speedy resolution.
    Fuelly

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast