Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Great customer support from TMS, Modbargains blows it again

The good:
    Right before Bimmerfest East I noticed that one of my CF shells was starting to bubble up on the top. I talked to Jason Gannett at the TMS booth during Bimmerfest. He said no problem email me when you get back... I sent him an email with the invoice number and a picture of the defect. Now mind you that it was almost impossible to capture the defect with a camera. Still they said no problem and even shipped me a new set in advance (with a CC number) so my car wouldn't be down while shipping the old set back and waiting for a new set. I did the swap and received the credit back on my CC.
    Now the best part of this is that Kpro bought these for me last December so it had been 8 months since I purchased them. Thanks Turner Motor Sports for great, no hassle customer service!

The bad/ugly:
    As many of you know, Kpro went through hell with Modbargains regarding a set of custom wheels for her 135. Modbargains finally made an acceptable agreement with her on another set of wheels.
    Well, I decided to give them another chance and bought a set of replacement lens for my headlights during their Black Friday sale. I was going to use them when I sent the headlights out for FX-R conversion in the spring.

When the headlights were out for conversion, they called me and said that one of the lens was defective and they couldn't use it. They said that it looked like a manufacturing defect and sent them back. I verified that indeed they were defective. The plastic had never fully filled the mold and there was a section missing at one of the tabs.
    I contacted modbargains and sent them pictures clearly showing the defect. They basically told me that yea it's a manufacturing defect and that even though they were never used I waited too long to contact them.... come on, really? I can see if it was a crack or a scratch how that could be questionable but this was clearly a defect during the manufacturing process. I think that's really shitty customer service. Now I have a useless pair of lens taking up space in my garage.

There you have it two clearly different results of defective products that were several months old

Modbargains, I will never, ever buy another product from you even if it's cheaper or not available anywhere else. You lost two customers for life!

Turner Motor Sports, we will buy your products even if they are a little more $ than other online sites. You gained two customers for life!

Before passing judgment on ModBargains (or any other vendor review) as to whether or not to purchase your wares from them, please read the thread in it's entirety, then make your decision. Thank you
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

good customer service is worth paying extra for, yeah. sucks about your hassles!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yeah I never really like modbargains since he was just drop shipping.

Thanks for solidifying what we already knew Rob.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Guess Modbargains lost yet another customer.....Sorry to hear you and Kpro had to go thru this Rob! I'm not going to give them an opportunity to stick me because of their screwups.....

That really is Shitty. Beings I bought my VMR'S from them this isn't very refreshing to here. This was before Ray was selling them otherwise I would of bought them from him.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

ModBargains sucks.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    That really is Shitty. Beings I bought my VMR'S from them this isn't very refreshing to here. This was before Ray was selling them otherwise I would of bought them from him.
    I bought my KW V1's from them. Won't happen again.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

They nailed me on a return as well. The order didn't fit my car, and for the return, it was a 10% restocking fee with a store credit, not an actual return of funds. Cross them off my list.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

with store credit? damn thats wrong haha. I should use that line

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast