Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear they're trying to help out. If I may, companies usually have an account with shippers at a discounted rate. You can ask them for their account number and reimburse them - may save you a lot in a case like this.
    Fuelly

Glad they're taking care of you. Are VMR wheels better quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    - Marc

Dane, he just emailed and said that he would send return labels and take them back.

I trust my friend at the shop down the road who put in my LSD, they are a very well know race shop...his opinion and I trust what he said: that philly/south jersey roads are no place for VMR wheels.

I've read a lot today on them and most of the VMR line is gravity cast. I ignored all the reviews I've read about finish issues because whatever I choose is getting powder coated pink, so I'm not worried about that. There were many complaints of cracks though. Still trying to make up my mind in a hurry, as I don't want to drag this out. I want a rear lip

I like the V701's, but they're an $800 set of wheels...where as these forgestars were $2747 before I added the pink powdercoat, tires, BMW center caps, and shipping...bringing it to $4100. Maybe I will just go the refund route, I don't know I'm so indecisive
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Better to be indecisive than go through this again.
    In the market for an E90 M3

When I machine gravity cast material at work it's all garbage. I wouldn't buy gravity cast for any reason Kristen. There are always chunks of crap in the material. It's just luck of the draw if you get something solid or not.

Centrifical or Pressure Cast is a different story.
    Last edited by DasMechaniKer; 07-21-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Talked to a pro about casting and edited previous post. My father has been a machinist for 45 years and Centrifical is better than Pressure. Gravity is crap.

Go counter pressure cast or forged.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

These with pink spokes.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

/thread

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Kristen and Rob, I'm glad to see there will be a resolution on this very bad issue. I know it's been a major headache for you guys! Glad to see it's almost over!

Because of what you guys went through I will never ever buy a Forgestar product.

You cannot go wrong with BBS LMs (most BBS for that matter) or HRE and def go with real forged for strength and weight savings
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast