Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
    Ouch that sucks.

Did you have to choose your offset, or did they choose that for you?
    They chose that for us Kris basically told them that she wanted a big lip in that back just like the ones in the picture and that she has a 135

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    Use a lawsuit as your last resort - you may end up with nothing or even worse... Plus reputations and relations will be ruined and indirect relations (say possibly with other vendors/friends/family on modbargain's side) will be affected. Yes, they definitely messed up, but sometimes a compromise is the best solution for both parties.

Honestly, I would be surprised if you had to go to court for this - it seems pretty straightforward and they should know that potential customers will avoid them like the plague from now on if left uncorrected. Word spreads fast around the internet. They may even start getting defensive on it online to justify their decision, maintain their reputation, and rally their troops... However, I wish you the best on a speedy resolution.
    Kristen told them that she'd be willing to ship them back at her cost and buy another wheel that looks right from their stock but they won't take the wheels back and maintain that she got the proper offset when the issue is that there is no lip on them and they don't look anything like the website pictures and what they told her she was getting. I'm trying to word this without bashing them as we just want it resolved in a decent, timely manner...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Ugh that is terrible. Take it up with your CC company, too. Customer service is terrible, too. Sorry you're dealing with this.

I haven't seen any good 135i wheels that have a lip due to the offset.
    - Marc

Marc, That's what Modbargains is telling me that there are no decent wheels with a lip for the 1-series, but that wasn't the story when I dropped $4100 on these. At that time it could be done, I allowed them to pick the correct offset.

They took my money and kept their mouth shut about these looking nothing like what's pictured and never mentioned the extreme curve out past the lip for a 1-series which you can't tell from their pics.

I'm trying to work out a solution, contacted my bank. 7 days outside of dispute range. modbargains said if I shipped these back to them they would refuse them... The owner called me today and offered me a new set of what ever I would like other than F14F's for $500 more and suggested I sell these on eBay!! I'm offended. Then i would be in for $4600 with wheels I don't want. On top of that, Jurrian my sales guy called me dishonest since I cc'd his boss in reply to a nasty email. I wouldn't feel right selling these wheels to someone with out getting the front hubs machined down at least a half inch, did we mention the tires stick out past the fenders!! they don't believe me that this is the case :-(. I couldn't sell those to someone else.

I wish they would just take them back and let me buy something else instead of having to spend more for something I don't truly want.

The inside of the spoke is 4.5" away from the caliper on the fronts!!
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Lmao. Those look nothing like the picture.

HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm not sure why modbargains isn't eating the cost. They have insurance for this kind of stuff... Sad to say, but maybe you should've destroyed them and received money from the warranty - "Oh, they happen to come with some bullet holes - I want my $$$ back" kind of deal. $4100 should be nothing when it comes to a company, even if they have no insurance... If that's going to break them than they shouldn't be in the business. Whatever, their choice. I'm never buying anything from them.

As with the lawsuit, try to get it across to them that you're willing to negotiate and to give you some viable options (say ask them if they were in your shoes). Make it clear that you want to avoid a lawsuit since no one's gonna be happy about it. Also tell them you understand their situation and don't expect your all of your money back (and neither should they - it's a compromise. A mistake was made so offer them a situation where everyone evenly pays for it). I may be sounding harsh, but I would recommend you to see what losses you can guarantee from them so you can weigh your options.

Say, you agree to ship the wheels back and they get to keep $500... That's a starting point. The ebay request is ridiculous. Anyone can see that. With that demand they are distancing themselves away and saying "it's your problem" - DO NOT ACCEPT THAT. Urge them to work WITH you and tell them you would definitely prefer and are ready to work with them. Everyone here is unfortunately in a lose-lose situation.

If you think your relationship with them is bad now - imagine what it will be after you sue them. Blacklisted... They surely have connections being a niche company so I'd avoid it if at all possible. I mean, put yourselves in their place as well. If you were sued wouldn't you make sure their names got blacklisted from everywhere? "I got them exactly what they ordered and they sued me!" will be the story of the year if I was there CEO. Hell yeah. Not a good thing... for everybody.

I may be overreacting a bit but that's just what happened in our case, we won. They lost... but there are side effects for even the winners and some people will NEVER forget and will make it their mission to get 'revenge' since they have nothing else better to do. You can't control their reactions. In my eyes, in lawsuits everyone loses (only the lawyers win).
    Fuelly

Also get everything in writing. IF this goes to court, you can inform the judge (through recorded emails) you extended your olive branch to them and tried to work things out before coming to court - it'll only help your case and cast a bad light on them (eg: ebay). Hopefully, you can instill to the judge that you're in court because of them and not the other way around...

"We really tried to negotiate with them... but they wouldn't have it..." make them out to be the bad guys.
    Fuelly

Sorry to hear about such a bad experience. For the money you paid them and the ridiculous delays, the should be bending over backwards for you. I'll be sure to never buy anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Sorry to hear about such a bad experience. For the money you paid them and the ridiculous delays, the should be bending over backwards for you. I'll be sure to never buy anything from them.
    +1

I have had to deal with issues like this before from a vendor. Not near as much money but still enough to really make me not ever buy anything from them again!

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    I will suspend the purchases I had planed from their website too. They need to make this right. Their unwillingness to correct the issue honestly surprises me.

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

K-Pro that's terrible, how the wheels turned out & what they offered. An idea: tell them one more time you'd like to resolve this before involving others. If they refuse then if you can provide the boss's email address on the Member's Only side of our forum, we unleash the Mafia in full force with emails that we won't do business with them until your issue is resolved and we all will tell them we will do all in our power to deter other people from doing business with them. I would think if a couple hundred emails came into that effect, the business operators will realize they hit a hornet's nest.
    Last edited by BCS_ZHP; 07-20-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)