Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    A little insight on forgestar, they sell cast rims, not forged. Their company name is very misleading. Looking at the picture it shows a forged wheel, what you received is a cast wheel. (Dead giveaway is the fat spokes that bow out to stick out past the wheel). Cast wheel makers do this because cast iron is not strong enough to have thin narrow spokes, it will crack or even disintegrate at highway speeds. Which is why you received what you got.

Secondly, I considered their rims for my E46 but did some research and found a ton of bad reviews on their products. I mean A TON. Everything from cracked wheels, to vibrating wheels (due to poor craftsmanship, not balancing!), to wheels of the wrong offset, size, and finish. The owners that did receive reasonable appearing wheels, did notice that the faces of the rims did erode prematurely. Not trying to rub it in your face at all but I call your CC company you made the payment with and have it as an unauthorized transaction. Mention, you purchased A, you got B and the seller is really trying to swindle you out of your money by not offering a refund. Those wheels look like $400 wheels tops. The powdercoating was probably more expensive than the actual wheels. Go with a brand you trust!

Here are some links I just dug up really quick for your ammo. Sorry to see you guys go through this.
    http://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-a...forgestar.html
    http://forums.5series.net/e60-parts-...-wheels-99166/
    http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-t...14-beware.html

2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    Eibach Springs, 12mm Spacers, Dinan Exhaust, Res Delete, Stage 3 AEM CAI, Eurocharged Tune, 35% tints.

I think Bruce's idea might be last resort, but damn, I'd be IN.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Absolutely. +1

We really appreciate everyone's support here. It good to know that everyone here feels the same way as us.

We are at Bimmwrfest right now and I've been asking random people that have been checking out Kpro's car...every one I've shown those forge stars to have said they are hideous.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    Marc, That's what Modbargains is telling me that there are no decent wheels with a lip for the 1-series, but that wasn't the story when I dropped $4100 on these. At that time it could be done, I allowed them to pick the correct offset.

They took my money and kept their mouth shut about these looking nothing like what's pictured and never mentioned the extreme curve out past the lip for a 1-series which you can't tell from their pics.

I'm trying to work out a solution, contacted my bank. 7 days outside of dispute range. modbargains said if I shipped these back to them they would refuse them... The owner called me today and offered me a new set of what ever I would like other than F14F's for $500 more and suggested I sell these on eBay!! I'm offended. Then i would be in for $4600 with wheels I don't want. On top of that, Jurrian my sales guy called me dishonest since I cc'd his boss in reply to a nasty email. I wouldn't feel right selling these wheels to someone with out getting the front hubs machined down at least a half inch, did we mention the tires stick out past the fenders!! they don't believe me that this is the case :-(. I couldn't sell those to someone else.

I wish they would just take them back and let me buy something else instead of having to spend more for something I don't truly want.

The inside of the spoke is 4.5" away from the caliper on the fronts!!
    Oh yea there is no doubt that they were not forthright in this transaction. Bottom line is they promised something they could not deliver; you should have a full refund.
    - Marc

Received an email from the owner of the company late last night. My intention is to come to a decent compromise with them, and it looks like he's willing to work with me now. I'm going to ship them back at my cost, and he will let either let me get a refund or something else. I'm glad they're stepping up to the plate with this one and taking care of it.

I still want my pink wheels, so I'm going to research other brands they sell before I make a choice of different wheels they sell or a refund. Then have them powder coated locally if I go that route.

After having one of the Breyton's on our 3-series break like a Rota on the way home from Bimmerfest, I'm skeptical of anything cast but our roads in Jersey are crap so I'm thankful there was no accident, I think most wheels they sell are cast. Thinking of the VMR-701 or 721 if they sell VMR...but need to do a little research.

I will keep you guys updated as we come to a solution.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Good deal Kristen. Happy to see MB take the proper actions. IMO shipping back on your dime is still poor customer service though.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good deal Kristen. Happy to see MB take the proper actions. IMO shipping back on your dime is still poor customer service though.
    Glad your are comfortable with the deal but I agree with Dane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Much better to hear this Kristen.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast