Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Wow. Im gonna have to try it... for the family, of course..
    Do it for yourself first. The fact that I get a small commission is secondary. I just saved $753, which is amazing to me. What the hell??? I should have shopped around more when I insured all of my cars earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    My three cars are $2155 a year at AAA.

The three cars at Geico, with the exact same coverages, are $1402 a year. I'm amazed.
    Hmmmm...interesting, 6 years and no tickets and 3 cars, maybe I should check it out next year at renewal.

No kidding. Certainly worth a shot.

I would be interesting to see if something did happen, whether they use OEM parts. I think there are some "big" insurance companies that only use aftermarket, which is a deal breaker for me.
    I'll have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Holy shit! BRB! Wait, my house, 2 cars (with pretty high thresholds), life insurance, 2 million umbrella policy, and jewelry rider only cost me 1500 A YEAR! And you are about to save 700 bucks? Damn
    I pay more than that just for full insurance on my car. Hell, over double that.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'll be giving them a call this morning, BP. I'll ask them some legal questions about their use of OEM and aftermarket parts. I'm well versed in the "like new" rules.

For the record, Geico (and other large insurance companies) will use aftermarket parts to the extent that a consumer does not squawk about it. I've never heard of a blanket, across the board policy instituted by an insurance company when it comes to the use of aftermarket parts.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...1227#post11227

Is that with the exact same limits and coverage? Still shopping around for insurance for my ZHP, AAA seems to be the best because I've been with them for 7 years.

Exact same limits and coverage.

We've been with AAA on and off for about 10 years.

And do not get me wrong. I've never been with a better insurance company than AAA. Their customer service is second to none. But I am not going to pay $753 extra a year for the great customer service.

It's now official. I am with Geico.

BP, I asked Geico about aftermarket versus OEM. They're just like AAA. They will use OEM for safety parts. They'll use aftermarket parts where appropriate. However, the guy did say that if you squeak loud enough, you'll likely get what you're trying to get (OEM).

I was satisfied with the response. I typically get what I want. I squeak a lot.

Final price is $714 every six months. I was paying $1077 every six months with AAA (although AAA does a yearly quote).

Total savings came to $727 for the year. Winner.

excellent. Marcus did you ever try quoting your whole package with Mercury?

I did not, Mikey. But I've never been able to insure three cars for $1428 a year. Full coverage on both BMWs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast