Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2882 is back, Fuel Trim Bank 2

Quick Synopsis:

2882/2883 Came up at the End of May - Found out there were mice lodged in the DISA

So I:
    Rebuilt the DISA with the GAS kit
    Cleaned MAF
    Cleaned ICV
    Replaced Lower intake boot
    Cleaned Throttle Body

Fast forward ~10k miles and 3 months to last night and SES kicks on again. 2882 this time and no 2883 to come with. Any ideas on why this would be. The only other thing I could replace would be the CCV but I would think both codes would kick for that problem.

Now I am thinking Passenger side O2 possibility because of the lone code.

Lambda Adaptations are +/- 3.91 so close to normal range and noticing slight lower MPG but not terrible. I cleared the code and getting ready to change the oil today and monitor the fuel trims.

Any thoughts, ideas, experiences?

Brian
    2004 330Ci

That is insane. holy shit.

What did the code reader say the actual fault was. Not familiar with 2882.

GS3 + TT4
    Last edited by Hornung418; 09-08-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    - Found out there were mice lodged in the DISA
    WTF? That's just freaky. Was your disa missing the small cover?

not missing the cover, just had to be removed to clean the mice out.

Brian
    2004 330Ci

Ok... So the mice just crawled in there and got stuck. Or were the mice possibly bred, in the disa, to aide in eliminating the 4k rpm dip perhaps?

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

This is unreal.

Made me think of the joke...

How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb....at least two.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ok... So the mice just crawled in there and got stuck. Or were the mice possibly bred, in the disa, to aide in eliminating the 4k rpm dip perhaps?

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

The thought has crossed my mind that they were in fact the ones operating the DISA valve, once the engine hits a rev that is too loud for their tiny ears, they start moving which opens the Valve. I didn't perform the PM mice replacement, so I guess they just fried up after a few years of hard driving.

On a more real note, they were eating the flame retardant mat under the hood and that crap is everywhere. I was bleeding the fuel rail the other day and I am still finding pieces of that stuff everywhere....

after fuel filter, fuel pump and new plugs, car feels like it i running like new. No codes as of yet, but I fully expect to still be chasing lean codes
    2004 330Ci

It's not a toy, it's a Droid > Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Autozone.com
    Codes are back, only bank 2. Next will be Vanos and new VCG. I wish I could solve this problem, yet it is making me do maintenance instead of the mods I want. Win win win in the long run, but more frustration in the forefront. Will update after the holidays with hopefully good news and ability to move forward.
    2004 330Ci

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast