Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frustrating I know. I was chasing lean codes on my coupe for months. Keep us posted on the PM.

how often do you set 2882/2883?

I also have a recurring 2883 code that has been ongoing every few weeks. Once i get a VAG cable I hope to begin troubleshooting with bmw flash.

Autozone.com
    If I clear the codes they will be back within 250 to 500 miles currently. From what I can tell, once the LTFT (lambda/fuel trims) are +/-10% (if I remember correctly) for more than 5 seconds then it will throw the code, depending on the bank. I have been fighting these on and off for the last year, and seemingly each time I find something giving out, I fix the problem and then the codes will come back after 1/2K miles due to another reason. Each time bimmersoftware, common sense and this forum helps me diagnose and I work from there.

If you are battling these codes then get ready to do some PM depending on your mileage. Because these codes are for lean mixture, this means something is malfunctioning from fuel ratio, spark, or air ratio. From my experience only:
    Rebuild/clean/replace everything on the intake side of the engine: MAF(C), ICV(C), Upper(RP) and Lower Boots(RP), DISA(RB) CCV(RP), Throttle Body(C)
    Replace fuel delivery components: Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump
    Replaced Spark Plugs - this is where I currently am.
    VCG and Vanos - I am hoping this is the final straw for the codes - I can not visually see/smell any loss of oil but I am consuming ~1Qt every 7500 Miles

I am very confident in my findings so far and have reasons documented for each procedure I have taken on. If you have any questions let me know. Hope this helps.

Brian

EDIT: While puttering around the engine bay, I noticed a whooshing sound near the intake (closer to the DISA) I am now wondering if I did not do a sufficient job with the removal of the old o-ring when rebuilding the DISA. Will tear into this early next week and report my findings. Otherwise still wanting to move forward with VCG/VANOS/OFHG
    Last edited by Reckless; 12-27-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    2004 330Ci

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12