Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1817
    Def the better decision and an easy one.

Dario, I definitely hear you on trying keep the dough in your pocket. If that's the immediate priority, then you've made the right call. However, keep in mind that yes, these things do depreciate but so do all cars. In California, there's no way you can be car-less so even if you sell your zhp, you'll end up with something of roughly an equal value. Anything cheaper and you'll have to spend money on it, which will put you back in the same number zone. You have done a lot of important maintenance on your zhp, which buys you a lot of worry-free miles. Based on what you've done so far, you'll be easily able to take your car up to 150k+ miles without any worries. Given that your car is at 78k miles, that's 4-5 years. If you spread the depreciation value over the years, it would seem quite reasonable. Perhaps you can change the strategy where you only spend the money on maintenance (as with any car) and less priority on mods, which is where most of the big money goes. At least until you have the income to start doing mods again. So if you're just going to own the car and enjoy it, the running cost+depreciation will only be worth your while if you stretch it over the years. But at least, these years will be spend driving a zhp
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

Quote Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
    Dario, I definitely hear you on trying keep the dough in your pocket. If that's the immediate priority, then you've made the right call. However, keep in mind that yes, these things do depreciate but so do all cars. In California, there's no way you can be car-less so even if you sell your zhp, you'll end up with something of roughly an equal value. Anything cheaper and you'll have to spend money on it, which will put you back in the same number zone. You have done a lot of important maintenance on your zhp, which buys you a lot of worry-free miles. Based on what you've done so far, you'll be easily able to take your car up to 150k+ miles without any worries. Given that your car is at 78k miles, that's 4-5 years. If you spread the depreciation value over the years, it would seem quite reasonable. Perhaps you can change the strategy where you only spend the money on maintenance (as with any car) and less priority on mods, which is where most of the big money goes. At least until you have the income to start doing mods again. So if you're just going to own the car and enjoy it, the running cost+depreciation will only be worth your while if you stretch it over the years. But at least, these years will be spend driving a zhp
    I hear you. I wouldn't be buying another car right after, though. I'd probably just drive my dad's SUV while I used that money to set up an income. Problem is, I can't use that money so long as I own the car.

Anyways... the car is listed for sale. I might end up keeping it. Might not. We'll see where it goes. If all goes well with my plans to set up an income, I should be able to be back into a BMW by next year, hopefully an M; except I'd be making money now. Most of this is being spurred by the fact that I can't live off my parents help while going through school because at minimum, that's still another 7 years. So I either need to set something up now to get the burden off my back in the future, or take on everything in debt. Really don't want a ton a debt.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Dario's OB ZHP Revival

Spitting the truth. Fully support how you were raised and the head on your shoulders lol

Makes perfect sense, Dario. It's great to hear that you have parental support to get by. You have a long road ahead and it's not a cheap one either. As someone who is about to wrap up a 4 year degree, I know first hand that the costs of education are bewildering. Rest assured, as long as you stay on your path, an M will be well within your future budget
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

looks nice!

Was it hard to do engine mounts? Did you need any special tools?

Appreciate the advice, fellas. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    looks nice!

Was it hard to do engine mounts? Did you need any special tools?
    No special tools besides an engine lift. Pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well, guys, it appears that the Diary of Jane will be coming to a close under my hands. I need to take care of my O2 sensors for the buyer, but the guy is going to pick a flight and fly in on Saturday if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Well, guys, it appears that the Diary of Jane will be coming to a close under my hands. I need to take care of my O2 sensors for the buyer, but the guy is going to pick a flight and fly in on Saturday if all goes well.
    Next Saturday? Or today?

Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast