Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

New member / owner - Orange County, CA: 2003 BMW Imola Red Rogue ZHP

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself and my new car. I'm located in southern Orange County (Foothill Ranch) here in Southern CA. Had my eye on a neat ZHP for quite awhile and feel grateful that I'm able to become the new owner. I can only hope that I am able to continue to provide for the car to the extent of the previous owner who truly has appeared to be a great guardian.

The car originally came to form in 2004 when Rogue Engineering took a low mileage 2003 Imola Red / Black Alcantara/Cloth sunroofless 330i and outfitted with a full E46 M3 drivetrain with matching cooling and fuel systems to boot. I'm sure there are a handful of ZHP owners who are familiar with this car. I want it to be known that my attraction to the car was not primarily driven by the drivetrain. I have had my eye on the ZHP cars ever since I worked at my local BMW dealership before/during college. I always thought they were the neatest cars on the lot and was pleased BMW had the gusto to develop such a package.

I am also pleased to note that the Rogue E46 M3 Wagon (also Imola Red) is around 8 miles away from where I'll be parking my ZHP. Plan to do a photoshoot with the two together and hopefully an article.

With all that said it is indeed my privilege to be a part of this unique little community. I have already felt extremely welcome here thanks to Marcus and am just so tickled (sorry to use this word) to have access to such a great group and information source. I can't wait to meet some of you and now experience a sense of fellowship every time (albeit once in a blue moon!) I see another ZHP on the road.

The car is currently on its way from New Jersey and is due here February 21st.. I'm an insomniac until then.

Thanks for reading, folks.

-Terry Best

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Terry; 02-17-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Welcome, Terry. Glad to have you here.

Congratulations on the purchase.

Looking forward to seeing more pics when she arrives!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I appreciate you buying the car for me, as an intermediate owner, until me an you strike a deal soon. Very nicely played. What? And you.re gonna sell it to me for a mere $20k. I love this guy.

Needless to say...we have been keeping a close eye on the sale of this gem.

Welcome to the site brutha. And more importantly....welcome to the Mafia.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

So you're they guy. Well done. Glad ill get to see this car in your signature soon. It is going to be a LONG 12 days my friend! And, Welcome.
    Last edited by Mtnman; 02-09-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Terry, glad you decided to introduce yourself before the car arrived. And I'm glad you're the one waiting -- and not me. I'd be going crazy.

Terry, you need to promise that you'll be an active participant here. I don't want to see you driving the car 24 hours a day, with no time left over for the rest of us. Ha!

Seriously, you and I will have to get together soon. And I want to see that Rogue wagon, too. I'll be at that photoshoot.

Awesome, glad to see it is going to some one that will appreciate it.

Really couldn't have a better owner. Terry is an enthusiast.

Welcome. I love that car.

Thanks for all the kind words and warm welcomes. Can't wait to park her (or him? no idea yet) next to some of her ZHP siblings...

I must say. Buying the car was an absolute financial stretch and I have no problem admitting that. What I am proud to divulge is that I could've walked into a BMW dealership with all that money in hand for a hefty down payment on most things there...including an E90 M3. And even then I would not have been financing a car I REALLY wanted. Our ZHP cars are that special in my opinion. I'm sure you all agree and have made similar comments a hundred times already here at the ZHP Mafia. So with that said I apologize for the repetition.

There are a couple of items that I'll certainly be needing advice with off the bat and I'm sure I'll have to do so in an appropriate forum. I will mention them here though.
    1) Switch to ApexRaceparts ARC8 wheels
    2) look into seeing if I can go backwards and remove the NAV (doesn't fit the car in my opinion...it's Alcantara/Cloth and without a sunroof).

Just thoughts for now

Thanks again folks. Drive safe

-Terry Best

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast