Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Ok guys and gals, to tune the MS45 DME tuners had to flash it on the bench using the BDM interface on the ECU PCB. The ECU would be opened, then powered up using a +12 volt power supply and using a power cable like this From ECU Cables:

Then the tuner would set up the EVC BDM100 or CMD Flash BDM tool (or clone) to the ECU holder frame and ECU.

Finally once the tuner is all set up he/she can now start extracting the original bin file to modify using software which can cost $1,800 – $4,500 USD which puts this set up out of the reach of most peoples hands.

Some guys have the clone BDM100 tools and use TunerPro but you must have a .xdf definition file.

All that was time consuming for both the tuner and the customer that was paying for dyno time, Imagine the costs.

It is now 2014 and things have gotten better for those of you with Siemens MS45 DME’s. Some tuners are now doing live tuning using Dimsport Race software and the MET 16 EPROM emulator.

This will allow live tuning on a dyno for any tuner.

Now that is all fine for the proffessionals to earn their money but how about the guy who knows tuning and knows what timing and fuel changes do?

Well, Alientech has the powergate 3 handheld module with touch screen. This is sold to many tuners to tune via the OBDII port on many vehicles. ECU program calls it their E3 programmer, VR Tuned calls it ECU Flash, Vishnu has the OpenFlash Tablet and so on but all are based on the AlienTech Powergate 3.

This handheld flasher can do MS42, MS43, MS45 and many more through the OBDII Port. The Powergate 3 can hold up to 5 tunes with the internal memory and holds the original bin file. The Powergate 3 does marry to your car but can be used on another car if you put the stock tune back into the car it originally was married to.

Now, the way the Powergate 3 works is for the consumer they get a Slave unit. This unit marries to the car it is used on. Now for the tuner they get the Master unit also known as the Decoder. The Decoder unit allows the encrypting and un-encrypting of the bin file that got read with the Slave Powergate 3.

The Slave Powergate 3 reads/writes an encrypted file which is not useable by anyone unless it is decoded by the Decoder unit. This is the only drawback to the unit because not everyone can get the Decoder (tuners when they sell you the Powergate 3 do not tell you that you are stuck with them for the encryption and un-encryption of your bin files. The Powergate 3 does do checksum correction.

I can get a Decoder and Slave Powergate 3 for my car to test a few things out. I can also sell Powergate 3 Slave units to you if you live in the U.S.A. This allows me to use the decoder to un-encrypt your file so you can tune your file. Once your file is tuned you then can send me the file so I can encrypt then send back to you. All you do after that is flash it into your car! MS45 tuned via OBDII port.

Wait did you just ask yourself what software to use to tune your bin file? It is a good think you did ask yourself that!

Bimmer Editor software and MS45 module is what you need!

Bim-Tun will be releasing their MS45 module soon, this module is basically like the .XDF file needed for the TunerPro software. The Bimmer Editor software costs $199 and the DME specific Modules like MS41, MS42, MS43 and soon MS45 cost $199 each. So basically the Bimmer Editor Software for one car is $398 then couple that with the Powergate 3 at $325 and you have a self tuning suite for $723!

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Lightbulb

This has been known some time now but I am getting around to posting it.

The machine shop agreed to make the M54 BMW guys an aluminum intake manifold flange to make custom intake manifolds. These flanges were designed after the O.E.M. intake manifold specs. I sent them a full O.E.M. M54B30 intake manifold so they can make the flange.

This is the first time that I believe a M54 intake manifold flange has been designed and made. If this flange sells a decent amount the machine shop agreed on also making runners, and a DISA compatible plenum to hold the DISA and Throttle body.
    With this flange you can make custom aluminum intake manifolds for your race car or your boosted E46.

As of right now the cost per flange is $315 per flange plus shipping.

If you want a flange they will be available through me. you can contact me at e46turbo330ci@yahoo.com

My batch coming in next week is already sold.

Here is the M54B30 intake manifold CNC flangedrawing:

2005 BMW 330i ZHP

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Also for other tuning options for custom turbo set ups

• S-Chip AST – Mike at S-Chip AST will tune your DME if you send it in or remote tuned. You will need a Galletto 1260 or Modified VAGCOM KKL OBD Cable and the EOBD flash/write software. You can read/write from OBDII Port. Contact: info@s-chip-nl

• Frank Smith – Frank will tune your car local to Maryland on his dyno, He does live tuning using an MET16 emulator attached to the DME. His pricing is $2,000 for a car specific tune on the dyno with your turbo kit. Contact: info@tuningtechfs.com

2005 BMW 330i ZHP

Holy shit... $2000!!

What would he charge for a N/A car?

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Holy shit... $2000!!

What would he charge for a N/A car?

Sent from my GS3.
    The cheapest custom dyno tune quote I have seen for a custom turbo kit is $3,500 and that was doing BDM tuning so after a pull the DME had to come out tuned/flashed then installed again then another pull and so on. BTW that is not including the dyno time! Just tuner price.

Frank includes dyno time and it is done in a few days to perfect the tune. Plus he opens the DME, installs the emulator which allows him to tune the DME in real time. About the only guy in the North East that does such a thing with BMW's or Porsche.

He has tunes that you can flash which cost way less. The $2,000 is for custom tune to a virgin turbo car, meaning that it has not yet been set up in the DME for boost. If it was a mustang or camaro that cost would be $400-$500 for a custom dyno tune...but since it is a BMW and the tuning tools cost tuners $5,000 plus... they charge way more.

Things might get better once Bimmer Editor gets released for the MS45 cars. But even then there are different software for each hardware part #.

Edit, just realized that you are in Maryland so you are closer to him them me, I am about 6 hours away. but he is an option to have yor car tuned professionally.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP

Picture of the CNC Machined intake flanges

Flanges done, going to their owners.

Also in the works:

Intake runner base plate to make a plenum.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP

Any updates?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819