Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    good luck with your build. i hope your experience is a good one.

That's sweet man. I hope they can get the diablo working. The Diablo has been the most stable of all the domestic tuners, in my opinion, kinda like Cobb.

Ian

Im VERY interested in your turbo quest, Im subscribed. Im considering turboing my 325 as an option vs/ buying an M3 a couple years from now once my car is paid off. Like you, I have turbo'd some cars that not anyone else has ventured to turbo. 89 Honda Prlelude 2.0si (been turbo'd 7 years now and there are others out there at this point) and an 03 Accord w/K24 running a dual ECU setup, custom harness to run hondata-kpro and 352whp/400trq. I love boost

I know NOTHING about turboing anything other than a Honda, I want to learn! I want boost too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivo View Post
    I am going to post pictures of the Comp Turbo CT4 Oil-Less turbo. I got it in a .63 a/r T3 turbine housing with 3" Vband for the downpipe.
    I already have the manifold which I am going to port and do a thermal barrier coating on it.

These turbos use a high temperature, long life expensive grease on the center section. Heat is also reduced by going with ceramic ball bearing vs the standard metal Garrett uses. The deletion of the oil lines does 2 things for us, no tapping of the oil pan and no need to run an oil line to the turbo. so we get rid of the turbo drain problems that these cars have. The turbo is water cooled so it will need water lines.

Also for future reference the re-greasing of the turbo is only $100 if/when needed. A trade off I am willing to live with to avoid the typical turbo related issues with the M54B30, smoking, drains problems, oil leaks, tapping oil pan etc.. Joe told me His personal oil-less turbo did 57k miles of good (high boosted) use before needing a re-grease. on a daily driver it should last way longer. I say a good 100k.. but that is why I am trying it out. My car goes about 12k miles a year if that so my first greasing would be about 4 years and 9 months if I was to push 25psi.

I should have the turbo in hand next week.
    OK...sounds good. Lets make this happen.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I can tell with you certainty that I've seen the oil less turbos in person on running cars for over a year. In fact, I'm heading there tomorrow to pick up three more turbos!!!

I can't wait to see how things end up! I've used FIC's with success before on BMW's, but obviously talking to the ECU would be better!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom View Post
    I can tell with you certainty that I've seen the oil less turbos in person on running cars for over a year. In fact, I'm heading there tomorrow to pick up three more turbos!!!

I can't wait to see how things end up! I've used FIC's with success before on BMW's, but obviously talking to the ECU would be better!

Ian
    I was going to use an Oil-less turbo on our SRT-4 but went with a T04Z instead which I had ported and thermal coated. I also did the Manifold that we got from ATP Turbo.
    Name:  atp-mani-after-7.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  124.7 KB
    Name:  IMAGE_213.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  157.5 KB

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

T04z with a t3 flange? Damn I haven't seen a 38mm flange in years! Crazy stuff!

Again, I'm really excited to see what you figure out tuning wise.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Nivo View Post
    my site has been updated greatly...
    I saw it.....looking good.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Turbo came in and wow, it is one of the nicest turbos I have seen in years: http://www.e46turbo330ci.com/?page_id=37

Billet compressor, oil-less center section, Triplex ball bearing technology. no shaft play at all.
    Name:  CT4-62653BB.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  241.4 KB

Name:  CT4-62653BB2.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  244.0 KB

Name:  CT4-62653BB4.jpg
Views: 2888
Size:  284.3 KB

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Sorry if its been asked I don't remember but are you using a performance head gasket?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast