Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ZKW lenses are the shit. Do the new lenses have a cutoff line?
    This. Definitely use the ZKW lenses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ZKW lenses are the shit. Do the new lenses have a cutoff line?
    No line on the new ones. Looks like I'll be swapping the lenses.

Ok. You don't want the line. I would just visually compare them.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My hid headlights are a little dim too. Could this burnt bowl thing be my problem? If so how about a simple and cheap fix. Would lining the bowls with something like this work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    My hid headlights are a little dim too. Could this burnt bowl thing be my problem? If so how about a simple and cheap fix. Would lining the bowls with something like this work?
    Yes. If you have ZKW'S, it's most likely your problem.

No. There is no cheap fix.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    Parts came in Friday. Ordering bulbs and picking up a dremel this week and hopefully I can tackle this next weekend. I've resorted to using my fogs at night b/c my headlght output is so bad.

Should I swap the ZKW lenses in the new projectors or just use the ones provided?
    I'm pretty sure they come with ZKW replica lenses

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    I'm pretty sure they come with ZKW replica lenses
    I've read of others swapping lenses. I'll just do a visual inspection and see which ones are in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    I've read of others swapping lenses. I'll just do a visual inspection and see which ones are in better shape.
    I've used both (on E46 AL projectors). Didn't really notice a difference in clarity or sharpness. My color band was actually a little better with the replicas. These aren't particularly complex lenses to make. Anyway, the kit comes with Evo-X R projectors. If they're not ZKW-R lenses, then they're likely a lens built specifically for that projector. Either way, they'd be optically clear, which is the important part.

Just ordered the TRS Retro-fit system (projectors & brackets only). Looks like a great project.

One question, why did you buy new shrouds instead of using the old ones (or are the old ones incompatible with these new projectors)?

I ask because the price just went from $15 to $40 for the shrouds. Thanks for the info!!

Three pedal ZHP

^There are 2 options for the shrouds. One is the value for $15, and the other is Premium for $40.

As soon as my Xenon bulbs & Angel Eyes come in, I'll be tackling this project as well. I've had the parts sitting in my room for a couple of weeks already.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast