Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Pump

Water Pump

Sooooo I was driving to lunch yesterday and my power steering stopped working and battery light came on. Great....I drove one more mile to the gas station and when I pulled in there was smoke coming from under the hood. I opened the good slowly, and there was fluid all over the place, and my alternator belt was shredded. I thought I may have shredded the belt and that the fluid was power steering. Had it towed to my uncles house to work on it and got new belts on the way. I took the belts off, and started turning all the pulleys. It was there that I found the water pump bearing was thrown yay!!!! So a trip to auto zone for one 55 bucks and lifetime warranty. Went back and installed the new water pump, and belts. Now time to put coolant back in. When I started to poor in the coolant my heart sank....fluid was pouring out of the expansion tank!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I pulled the air box off, and sure enough there was a crack running from top to bottom after another trip to autozone, the expansion reservoir is on order and will be here tomorrow afternoon. Then, fingers crossed, she will be good as new...for now. Seems like everything is going wrong lately. Good news is it's all different things, so after investing all this money and parts, Sheila will be running for another 173k miles.

Crack on expansion reservoir.

Serpentine Belts....
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

You may have melted the pistons.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You may have melted the pistons.

That's not what I want to hear
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...w-motor-advice

I've dealt with this.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...w-motor-advice

I've dealt with this.

Thanks Dane. I should note, that the temp gauge did not rise, and there was coolant in the lines, pump, and radiator. The fluid that was in the engine bay was solely from the expansion tank. I know that cause upon taking the pump out fluid went everywhere good thing I was ready for it.

I can read the tea leaves. Ordering my exp tank and hoses this this weekend...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I do not know if the previous owner had done a cooling overhaul, and I've been meaning to do it. I have had the car for exactly three years now and driven 69k miles.

I've done the water pump and thermostat, but I've been riding out the original exp tank and hoses. I'm just over 75k now-- using your close call as a motivator.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Water Pump

Please order a GENUINE exp tank! There are quality differences and the cost difference is not that much

^Good advice. Already done here. All OEM parts via Tischer. Not worth screwing around with cooling system components.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast