Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quick rundown -

Just reporting in after a track weekend with the 135is. I'll keep this brief and not get too far into narratives.

- Outside temps were +80 degrees and sunny, but the oil temps never tipped over 270 at the highest. I was impressed with this - no limp mode, not even the slightest hiccup.

- The tires (stock runflats) were good for about two laps, then they became FUN in that you could just slide around the track and feel the car. Slide, not drift.

- One press of DSC = traction control off, which was a big improvement. Hold button down = DSC OFF, which was a massive improvement.

- The rear end is "squishy," but I didn't find it unpredictable at all, especially considering the car just wanted to push and push and push, which, to be honest, isn't a problem on a new car that I don't want to crunch. Just requires one to drive it properly.

- One off-track excursion was in turn 7 (lightning at NJMP), tight left. I was passing so took an inside line, cooked it too hot, and opted to just go off with the wheels pointed straight versus trying to accomplish some heroic save and potentially go off sideways. Got some dust on the car but no more.

- Tires and brakes were limiting factors, but not to the point where it was dangerous. I'm a proponent of taking your stock car to the track to learn it. If I do this again (I will), it'll be with non-RF summer tires and hawk HP+ pads. Possibly the Ti shims, but I really didn't experience terrible brake fade. As I got more comfy with the car, was hitting + 135mph on the front straight, which is all I could manage after the light bulb and the limited grip after the left front tire was shot. Better drivers could easily get this car up to 140-145 on the front straight.

- My instructor LOVED this car. He was so impressed with how tossable, balanced, and well-mannered it was.

All in all, very fun weekend. Had a great first session on Sunday then packed up and left, knowing that the final sessions are typically when hell breaks loose. Plus, my next session was several hours after.

Looking to go back to lightning 10/13-14 with NJ Chapter.

One pic (I forgot to buy the good one the company there got of me - sorry for no on-track action):
    - Marc

Nice write-up Marc! Sounds like you had a fun time. Glad that the 135is performed well for you, and I hope you are able to get back out on the track in the near future.

-Brettski

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    10/13-14 njmp with nj CCA! Let's get some ZHPs out there!
    - Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12