Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

problem with brake disc.

I have my hand/emergency brakes on and my brake disc still moves. What do I need to solve this problem?

I suck in this area. I don't want you to think I am ignoring you...cuz I'm not.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Could it just be the brake shoes?

You've done this...right?

Pull up on the e-brake boot till it pops off. Then tighten the two cables with a wrench. Make sure the rear wheels still roll freely when the e-brake is off.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Would he just need to tighten the cable that is connected to the ebrake? Lovezhp, if you put the brakes on with your foot, do the pads engage? If they do, i would think either your cable from the ebrake is broken, or it needs to be tightened. Right guys?
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Alright ill try to see if thats the problem im at home now and its late over here... Thanks a lot guys.. i Think its the ebrakes cable tho

I need a lesson on brakes. =/ i have no idea about senors and pads, rotors? ebrake line? can anyone explain? please.

Time for a new e-brake shoe.

Yeah. Listen to mimalmo and dane. I know just enough to get u in trouble!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

OK.....so here is a pic of your e brake system. The brakes on your lawn mower are probably bigger...

IN A NUTSHELL

Front and rear brakes are basically the same. Each system has a piston that is fed with brake fluid via a brake line. As you press on the brake....fluid pressure is sent down the brake line to the brake caliper piston. This will move the inner portion of the of the brake caliper and will squeeze the rotor between the two pads.....

The outer brake pad and caliper portion are stationary. The caliper guide bushings are what keeps the inner moveable caliper and brake pad nice and parallel as you press the brake.

SS brake lines are better because they don't "flex" under dynamic breaking...like the rubber ones do...therefore they are much more responsive.

Also recognize...you have brake pad wear sensors on the front right and rear left brake pads.

The rotor thickness spec is stamped onto the rotor hat should you ever need this info.
    Last edited by danewilson77; 02-11-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post
    I have my hand/emergency brakes on and my brake disc still moves. What do I need to solve this problem?
    maybe the shoes are worn or simply the cables need adjustment.
    easiest fix is the cable adjustment.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast