Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay pulled the a pillar trim off the passenger side and looked to see if the leak was coming from a disconnected hose as had heard from multiple places that this is common. No luck however so I'm back to square one. I'm going to try and look up how to check the windshield and sunroof drains and see if that's it. If not then I'm at a complete loss as to the source. This is really bugging me that's for sure.

'01 330i

Did you check the door vapor barriers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Not yet. Was hoping to avoid taking them off if I could help.

'01 330i

Taking off the door cards to check them are not hard. If I can do it anyone can. Just some screws and pull it off the clips and watch for the electrical/airbag connections

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I need to do that to Colin's car when he's home. I noticed a bit of a musty smell when I was driving his car in SC the other week. Passenger's floor felt a bit damp. I need to adjust the window regulator on that side anyway.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

I just don't understand how if the car has been stationary when it rained how would water get in through the door if the car wasn't moved.

'01 330i

Sometimes the gunk that seals the vapor barrier just comes loose over time and lets water get to the inside of the door.
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    Sometimes the gunk that seals the vapor barrier just comes loose over time and lets water get to the inside of the door.
    It still amazes me that it would then drain into the car and not out of the bottom of the door!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    It still amazes me that it would then drain into the car and not out of the bottom of the door!

I completely agree!

'01 330i

It's a fundamental issue with the way the vapor barriers are used. They attach to the inside part of the door, so if the bottom of the barrier detaches, water can flow down the material of barrier itself and have a clear path right to the inner part of your door behind the door card rather than to the drains in the bottom of the door and the door sill.

This is not limited to our cars; if the barrier was attached to the other side of the door cutout so as to prevent leakage even if it detaches, it would be next to impossible to remove and replace it to get at the window motor and regulators.
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12