Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

San Francisco ZHP Mafia Event

Tentative Event Date: November 16th, 2013

People interested:
    Avetiso
    Lanister
    imola red zhp
    toddness
    LivesNearCostco
    trancenation
    Johal E32 (+4?)
    johnrando
    derbo
    NorCalZman
    wsmeyer
    NorCal-Dmitri

Other potentials who have yet to respond:
    Pip (can't make it)
    Hermes

Suggested plans:

9:00am Meet at Treasure Island. Let's try to keep things punctual, guys.
    10:00am Leave Treasure Island towards Alice's via Highway 35 (Skyline Blvd)
    12:30pm Leave Alice's, drive down Highway 84 toward the beach.
    1:30pm Arrive at beach, stop and take pictures.
    2:30pm Drive up Highway 1 back north. Stop at Ocean Beach, take some finals pictures, exchange phone numbers, goodbye hugs, tears, etc.
    4:30pm Split.

What do you guys think of that?

Initial post: So there's been expressed interest in a ZHP Mafia meet for us Northern California people. The time frame is somewhere around Thanksgiving, for consideration of those (like Jay and I and a few others) who are still in school.

Lanister and I wanted to post a planned day that you all could comment on and give some input on, but since I don't know the bay at all, I'll leave that up to you guys for specifics.

I was thinking, though, that early morning we could make somewhere in the Bay for breakfast/coffee. Then, we could go somewhere the new Bay Bridge is visible and take pictures of our collection of not-special cars.

After that, Lanister suggested that we take a drive down Highway 1. We could possibly stop in a few places and take some pictures.

And that's where everything I know ends. I'm not sure how far we could go down Highway 1 or what's worth seeing down there, good places to take pictures, eat, drift (lol), and things of that sort.

So for those of you in the Bay, what are your suggestions?

Also, who is interested?
    Last edited by Avetiso; 10-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Dario
    Thanks for starting to organize, I tried last year and we had a few participants, I had actually tried for a July and ended up with a late Aug. Meet
    Your idea of breakfast and drive sounds great. Thanksgiving may be tough for the family folk, but that weekend may be good.
    I live in the east bay, but grew up in the city so I'm familiar with what type of drive you wanna have.
    Dennis

sent from my Personal Electronic Device

My pleasure. I know Thanksgiving can be tough, so that's why I am hoping most of us can talk about this ahead of time. There are always 1 day holidays we can utilize; nothing's set in stone.

How about just a weekend in November?

As for activities, I thought we could meet up at a parking lot by Ocean Beach and go from there. It's usually quite wide open. It would be pretty hard to get to the Golden Gate bridge on a weekend. Then, I was going to offer a nice and easy drive down HWY 1 to Half Moon Bay and grab some fish and chips for lunch. We will have a few places along the way where we can pull over and take a few spectacular shots.

Thoughts?
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

Quote Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
    How about just a weekend in November?

As for activities, I thought we could meet up at a parking lot by Ocean Beach and go from there. It's usually quite wide open. It would be pretty hard to get to the Golden Gate bridge on a weekend. Then, I was going to offer a nice and easy drive down HWY 1 to Half Moon Bay and grab some fish and chips for lunch. We will have a few places along the way where we can pull over and take a few spectacular shots.

Thoughts?
    Sounds like a fun way to spend a day.

Of course I am always partial to Marin cruises, but I'll try to make whatever is decided.

I'll try to scope out some spots we can get photos of the Norcal family, their rides, and new Bay Bridge, though this may prove somewhat difficult between the old bridge photo bombing and finding a location that works. Treasure Island or Emeryville/Berkeley are probably the best bets for this until the old bridge is removed.

I do coach or play hockey in the mornings, but I'd be good around 11 any Saturday (barring work overwhelming me).

Let's do it!

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

subscribed to thread, hope I can join. Might be in So Cal for Thanksgiving.

Ocean Beach, and a stroll along the coast works well for me! A photoshoot with all of us Nor Cal/Bay Area folks would be nice.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Ok, so what is that, 5 people? Maybe give it a few days to see if anyone else is down, then we could make a tentative schedule.

You know, Burning Man started at Ocean Beach, maybe we are on to something...

Derbo and Pip will make 7. My wife will show, we may end up with two bimmers there.

I think the Randeaux and Hermes should make the drive up. Maybe the Boss could fly in?

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast