A few of the bone colored clips on the glossy black moulding trim on each of my left/right door frames have been damaged. The clips on the door frame itself seem fine.

#13 in:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...67&hg=51&fg=20

It seems my version, the plastic glossy black (GLANZSCHWARZ), Part #'s: 51132695281 & 51132695282, cost only $416 EACH from here. I have seen other places as low as $416 shipped for both at bmwpartsupply.com. Well, $416 for a few broken clips that only affect the rear door's opening and closing (which can be handled by simple maneuvers if need be) seems a bit unreasonable.

A mechanic told me I could probably silicone glue it as a first try. I did... it held for a while, but after a couple months, popped off again on about the 10th opening of the rear door. The rubber seal on the door really "sucks" on that trim unfortunately. Good thing the silicone doesn't damage the car at all.

I am reluctant to use permanent glue like gorilla glue, I just feel like thats a bad solution, just in case the moulding cracks someday and I have to remove it all anyways. Another solution I was thinking of was getting some alternative interlocking plastic clips, if they exist, at like a Home Depot and gorilla glue them onto the moulding and frame and then clip them on... would just need 3 on each side I think.

My easiest next step is to try more silicone gel, which I already have here... last time I think I put just enough for all the contact areas, but maybe fill up the whole gap as much as possible? I held it tight with blue tape before for over a couple of days... maybe I'll try leaving it on for a few days.

Any thoughts short of the $400 solution is appreciated.