Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BMW 330 ZHP w/ SMG?

Does it exist? I've never seen one. I've seen a couple 330/325's with it. It seems they only offered it in 2004 & 2005. That would be one rare (and cool) combo!

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

AFAIK, it never existed.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Last edited by danewilson77; 02-12-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Edited so link started at post 31

[QUOTE=Marcus-SanDiego;20545]Start at post 31:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Colorado/page4

By unicorn I assume it doesn't exist? It does seem they made them in 2004 but not 2005. I feel like someone somewhere must have one!
    Last edited by danewilson77; 02-12-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Edited so link started at post 31

My Project Thread

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

You never know. Someone may have put one on. But, as far as I know, if was impossible to order from the factory.

they go for $480 the kit and with the whole steering wheel "M" $980

its a retro fit, you need the SMG 2 steering wheel...
    Last edited by L0veZHP; 02-12-2011 at 08:08 PM.

I am looking at my 2005 E46 brochure. At the SMG option it says "not available in 330i with Performance Package and 325i/325xi/330xi"

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post

He meant from factory I think.

As the post above me states, it was never offered in the ZHP.

But for reference, I've driven a 330 with SMG, and it feels worse than in the M3 somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post

I think you misunderstood me, I'm not looking for a retro-fit for a Steptronic but the SMG (SSG) for the Non-M cars on a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    I am looking at my 2005 E46 brochure. At the SMG option it says "not available in 330i with Performance Package and 325i/325xi/330xi"
    Thank you that is what I was looking for. I can understand why the Xi's weren't offered it, but it's odd they didn't offer it for the ZHP's.

Also, they did offer it for the 325 in 2004: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=801761.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
    But for reference, I've driven a 330 with SMG, and it feels worse than in the M3 somehow.
    That's probably because the Non-M SMG is different than the M SMG. The Non-M is actually SSG which is a less complex and less beefy system as used in the M's. Shifting is slower and isn't as precise. Still, it will shift quicker than any human being can.

My Project Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast