Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

So that's why there's a cut in my CV boot

At the conclusion of my recent epic to get my car aligned the BWM tech told me that there was a cut in my CV boot. I sad thanks for letting me know. There was no way that I was going to pay the dealer to replace that. Fast forward a week or two. I've finally gotten my shade-tree mechanic (he's ASE and knows his shit just doesn't work for a dealer anymore) and find a time to drop my car off. He calls me a few days later and tells me that he figured out why the boot was cut.
    imgur link: http://imgur.com/ikCmHjG

Neither he nor I have a clue of how that happened. The best part is that BMW doesnt seem to have released the axle design to aftermarket manufacturers so I'm stuck paying the OE price.
    Last edited by Asiah119; 09-25-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added Imgur link

Can not view pic.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

+1 ... I blamed the firewall at work. Dane proved this is something else.

I added an imgur link.

Oh damn.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

After market axles has larger shafts so you can't even rebuild something like that. My tech just had a similar thing regarding a boot however he just replaced the boot instead of trying to put together a after market and oem axle.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

My guy couldn't find an aftermarket axle. He called around to a bunch of places and they all said no dice on there being an aftermarket.

I guess theres something listed on Pelican. So the aftermarket may just not be stocked by brick and mortar places. idk.

Autozone.com
    Used from a junkyard ?
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT