Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
    I'm sure that the DICE unit is nice. But being an Android user, it's not being used.

As for the performance strut bar, I got it from Bill. (illirep)

Sent from outer space...
    I'm curious on your setup for android. I want a line out from an android but haven't see a preamp setup yet.

I've been thinking getting dev moto x.

But back on topic,

Looking great

Sent by Mobile

Derek,

My setup will be fairly simple. All focused around a single cable. I hate it when there're too many cables. I do think that a deck upgrade is a good idea for the future. For basic tunes, I like bluetooth music streaming. Just get in the car, your phone links up and you start playing music and control it with the steering wheel buttons. All the while, your phone is in your pocket. I tried it once with the new Ford Escape and I am hooked. Anything less is a pain.
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

Going to attempt to do the following DYIs

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=373831

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281593

Started on the rear window lower trim. Yeah, definitely need a heat gun for this job. Adhesive remover alone doesn't quite cut it; and too much of it gives you a headache. Can't wait to get it all done.
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Derek,

My setup will be fairly simple. All focused around a single cable. I hate it when there're too many cables. I do think that a deck upgrade is a good idea for the future. For basic tunes, I like bluetooth music streaming. Just get in the car, your phone links up and you start playing music and control it with the steering wheel buttons. All the while, your phone is in your pocket. I tried it once with the new Ford Escape and I am hooked. Anything less is a pain.

I agree. My Prius has the same option, and charging cable is all I connect to the phone.

Only reason I ask, is that I like to keep the factory headunit for aesthetics. Another reason is that the bmw diagnostic software doesn't like missing modules..ie. Radio or Seat module.

Hmm I had no idea that BMW diagnostics are not keen on missing modules. It makes sense actually since I've had to deal with slight complications of this kind with my new head unit in my VW Eurovan GLS VR6.

I do like the stock head unit for its looks and decent quality but it does have its limitations. I think the single Android cable solution will suffice. That said, another functionality I was hoping to gain is the rear view camera. So this makes me wonder if an OEM NAV unit retrofit is a feasible solution, since, I would assume, it would support the rear view camera functionality and also keep the BMW diagnostics happy. What do you think?
    Last edited by Lanister; 10-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Hmm I had no idea that BMW diagnostics are not keen on missing modules. It makes sense actually since I've had to deal with slight complications of this kind with my new head unit in my VW Eurovan GLS VR6.

I do like the stock head unit for its looks and decent quality but it does have its limitations. I think the single Android cable solution will suffice. That said, another functionality I was hoping to gain is the rear view camera. So this makes me wonder if the OEM NAV unit retrofit is a feasible solution, since, I would assume, it would support the rear view camera functionality and also keep the BMW diagnostics happy. What do you think?
    BMW Dealership-level diagnostics doesn't like missing modules for programming things like Car key memory. However, NCSexpert can do everything manually without the complaining and whining the BMW diagnostics does.

OEM NAV, IMO is complicated installation for an outdated system I wouldn't even bother to use. The smartphones have more update to date maps and inputing the address is far easier on the phone that on the Nav System. I think its not worth it. But since you are using it for a rear view camera screen, it may be worth it. You should talk to Charlie about that one. I remember he did something with his OEM Nav to incooperate a rear view camera.

As for the android single cable solution, I wish there was like a similar solution with steering wheel controls on the BMW. It's going to be difficult to get this setup.

Im looking for a line-out solution from the android. Not the headphone jack but a real line-out (pre-amp). I dont think it exists.

There is a special cable that is kind of rare because only this company (iBolt) makes it. This is the cable I want to incorporate into my setup. I know it works as I've tried it. What I want to do is connect usb and audio jack behind the console so that only the microUSB is coming out to my bimmian celly mount. I will also be preserving my aux in, which is where the heated seat button usually is. It should be fairly simple and inexpensive.

Here's the link to the cable:

http://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-Samsung-...ds=ibolt+cable

It works with my Galaxy S3 and I'm sure S4 as well. I wouldn't know about other Android phones though.

There is a special cable that is kind of rare because only this company (iBolt) makes it. This is the cable I want to incorporate into my setup. I know it works as I've tried it. What I want to do is connect usb and audio jack behind the console so that only the microUSB is coming out to my bimmian celly mount. I will also be preserving my aux in, which is where the heated seat button usually is. It should be fairly simple and inexpensive.

Here's the link to the cable:

http://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-Samsung-...ds=ibolt+cable

It works with my Galaxy S3 and I'm sure S4 as well. I wouldn't know about other Android phones though.

Giya... make this work. I'm pumped about this!
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

Upholstery time. Because the A pillars are tricky to get right so that the cover strip fits properly, I decided to buy new A pillars and reupholster B and C. I tried doing it myself before and wasn't happy with results. The local car upholstery shop will match the fabric and do it right for only $50.

Name:  2013-10-02 08.59.43.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  682.1 KB

Sent from outer space...

Matt,

It's definitely on my list of things to do. Once I get done with the immediate maintenance items, I'll get back to getting my android wired up.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast