Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Looking good Giya.

I am skeptical it will work with other androids.. but who knows?! :shrug

Derek,

I guess we'll have to see. Most latest android phones should be using the same miroUSB port. What Android do you have?
    Last edited by Lanister; 10-02-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

I have a moto x

sent from my mobile device

Ok, finally was able to finish off the project to replace a few pieces of weathered trim. Namely, the quarter panel weather trim and the finisher side frame trim. Both have dried up and cracked. Although none of them were critical for keeping the water out of the interior, it bugged the hell out of me from the day I got the car. The nightmare myths of double-sided tape that just won't come off turned out to be true. After shedding a few layers of skin on my fingers, I decided to look into other solutions. Goof Off and similar products were useless and so was the heat gun. Luckily, there is a very cool solution by 3M, called the Stripe Off Wheel. It is designed precisely for these types of applications. This tool simply made my day, as I was able to get the tape off in about 10 minutes tops. It acts like a pencil eraser and causes a good deal of fine flakes so close the windows and tape up the seams or you will be seeing it for days.

Here's the link to the product. It's definitely a must have.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Whee...pin+stripe+off

Prep work took the longest. It took me a bit to find the right weather stripping material for the side finisher frame as it is not sold separately. Luckily, Autozone had the right stuff for $9.99. Sure beats the standard solution of buying new side finisher frames at $400 per side. The whole job must have taken me 4 hours but it would normally take less. I took my sweet time to measure everything and thoroughly clean the hidden areas. Very happy with how it all came out. Now the car feels like it just rolled off the showroom floor (I WISH).

Updated the before and after pics in the first post. Here're a few pics from the process...

Surgery underway
    Name:  2013-10-05 16.04.23.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  1,017.5 KB

3M Stripe Off Wheel in action
    Name:  2013-10-05 15.31.37.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  771.1 KB

It's working!!! Never using my hands to remove nasty industrial tape again. The wheel is designed to preserve the paint perfectly.
    Name:  2013-10-05 15.38.05.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  836.0 KB

It makes a mess so tape up your seams and close the windows!
    Name:  2013-10-05 15.38.10.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  869.5 KB
    Last edited by Lanister; 10-08-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Eurotray replaced the old and semi-useless cup holders. The coin organizer is actually pretty nice, as I don't have to hear the change rattle. Funny enough though, if I move back to Canada, it will have to go because the one and two dollar coins are way bigger and won't fit the slots.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1381278176705.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  69.2 KB
    Last edited by Lanister; 10-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Got the OBDII cable and software suite (DIS, SSS, INPA, NCSexpert) sorted out. Wasn't too hard to get it all working although, expectantly, it wasn't exactly a plug and play either.

Was able to check all the error codes and clear the silly driver airbag light that I caused during the steering wheel swap. Interestingly, the computer had a few non-important historical codes that dated back to when the car had 12,xxx miles. Also used SSS to code a couple of useful settings:

- Unlocking both doors with one remote key button press (boy it was annoying before)
    - Automatic re-locking after 2 minutes if no doors were open after initial unlock

Going to try to enable automatic closing of windows and sunroof when I lock the doors and hold the button down.

Then on to NCSexpert to code HIGH and LOW climate control indicators, and whatever else I might find handy as I learn more. Not sure if the triple turn signal blink is in my horoscope, as my LCM was born a year too soon and thus is of the earlier software version.
    Last edited by Lanister; 10-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
    Got the ODBII cable and software suite (DIS, SSS, INPA, NCSexpert) sorted out. Wasn't too hard to get it all working although, expectantly, it wasn't exactly a plug and play either.

Was able to check all the error codes and clear the silly driver airbag light that I caused during the steering wheel swap. Interestingly, the computer had a few non-important historical codes that dated back to when the car had 12,xxx miles. Also used SSS to code a couple of useful settings:

- Unlocking both doors with one remote key button press (boy it was annoying before)
    - Automatic re-locking after 2 minutes if no doors were open after initial unlock

Going to try to enable automatic closing of windows and sunroof when I lock the doors and hold the button down.

Then on to NCSexpert to code HIGH and LOW climate control indicators, and whatever else I might find handy as I learn more. Not sure if the triple turn signal blink is in my horoscope, as my LCM was born a year too soon and thus is of the earlier software version.

Glad you got it working so fast!

These are my settinsg, if you are interested. Some may not apply to you.

ALSZ
    BLINKIMPULS_CRASHBLK wert_01 – wert_04 Crash warning blinker impulse speed.
    BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK wert_01 – wert_04 Hazard lights impulse speed.
    FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ aktiv / nicht_aktiv Fog lights turn off when high beams are on.
    SIDEMARKER_US aktiv / nicht_aktiv US mode sidemarker
    PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON wert_01 / wert_02 wert_01=bixenon and halogen together.
    BFD_SW1_STUFE2 - aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?
    BFD_SW2_STUFE2 - aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor
    BFD_SW1_STUFE3 - nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor
    BFD_SW2_STUFE3 - nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?)
    BFD_ABS_STUFE3 - aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor
    BLST1_BLST3 - aktiv Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 as well
    GM5
    KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv Comfort close remote – vert top, sunroof
    SPIEGELMEMORY_GM aktiv Allows mirror to be adjusted while in reverse
    MAUT_N_ABBRECH_N_TUER_AUF aktiv Windows continue to open/close when you open the door
    MEMORY_SP_ABKLAPPEN_GM aktiv / nicht_aktiv adjust rear view backup tilt
    VERRIEGELN_AUT_AB_X_KM/H aktiv / nicht_aktiv Autolock when moving
    VERRIEGELUNGSSCHEWELLE 8_km/h auto-lock (4 8 12 20 24 28) Speed of Autolock
    CYCL_TI_BLK driemal One Touch Indicators, triple blink

IHK
    DISPLAYANZEIGE_HIGH aktiv / nicht_aktiv Display “HIGH” instead of number on hottest setting.
    DISPLAYANZEIGE_LOW aktiv / nicht_aktiv Display “LOW” instead of number on coolest setting.
    HHS_AUTOMATIK aktiv / nicht_aktiv Auto Rear Window Defroster

EWS
    PARK/NEUTRAL_EINGANG aktiv / nicht_aktiv Start in park/neutral only.

Thanks Derek!

I just love all this German lingo... NICHT!!!! LOL

I can already see a few I'm going to be entertaining.

I see you've got the line for the triple blink... did you get a new LCM?

MAUT_N_ABBRECH_N_TUER_AUF aktiv Windows continue to open/close when you open the door <--- YES PLEASE

NP Giya,

I dont have a 4.0 but I kept the settings I felt most important to me in case I needed to revisit the LCM again.

Don't know how I missed this thread beings you have the same car as mine! Nice work by the way. Those rear window trims pieces are a beouch to replace, I did both of mine. Leaving the car sit out in 110 degree heat for a few hours helped a lot.

A few things I've done that really improved my ZHP are:

- Sprint Booster V2
    - GAS DISA
    - Besian VANOS
    - Eonon 5150
    - Mechanical Fan Delete

Keep up the good work!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast