Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Interesting... may be another project for me...
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

Headers. Reducing the back pressure and more free-flowing will help top end

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

So quick update: My ZHP has been giving me issues lately. As in, NO power at all. No codes mind you, just no power. I mean, I timed it at 0-60 in 9.1 seconds!

Turns out, my MAF was bad. Replaced it with an el cheapo from ebay which didn't work (CEL, no idle, el crapola) and then had to buy the big dog OEM MAF for $300 clams. Add a ticket and my software/intake/header slush fund is wiped out.

BUT, I have decided to go the Shark route when I rebuild my fund.

Thanks for the feedback gents!

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

So....your loss of power was fixed with oem MAF sensor? You didn't have any codes either?

Did you try cleaning your old one first (I assume you did)?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So....your loss of power was fixed with oem MAF sensor? You didn't have any codes either?

Did you try cleaning your old one first (I assume you did)?
    It was an odyssey that almost made me sell my car and lasted several weeks. In fact, I posted this thread in the midst, thinking the software would make me run better. Long, Long, Long story short:

Noticed the car was weak past 4k RPM. Built revs in a linear fashion, but just no power. Backed this up with 0-60 runs in the high 8's and low 9's (BAD). Car has ZERO check engine lights and no stored codes.

Replaced 90k mile Bosch plugs with NGKBKR6EQUP (slight increase)
    Cleaned MAF (no change)
    Seafoamed (no increase)
    Replaced Beisan VANOS seals with 100k miles with new Beisan VANOS seals (slight increase)
    Replaced DISA flapper with GAS rebuild kit (no improvement in power, obvious improvement in design, it is a great kit)
    Replaced pre-cat 02 sensors (made it worse)
    Here is where the car started to chug a little at part throttle in 4th gear which started me thinking MAF
    Reset adaptations (no increase)
    Lubro Moly Engine Flushed during oil change (made my clogged CVV start working again, no power added)

Lightbulb went on! "hey dummy, unplug the MAF, you have a manual trans and can drive it like that and see what happens"
    P-O-W-E-R!!!!!!
    Instantly the revs built hard and fast again, she drove WAY faster. 0-60 times back to 6 seconds or so.....
    Installed cheap Fleabay MAF, still made power but got CEL for MAF voltage too high and the car wouldn't idle (sent back)
    Bought OEM MAF and problem solved. ALL power restored, car runs great (and it should, EVERYTHING power related is new), and my MPG's is above 24avg.

Being smarter and troubleshooting the MAF sooner would have saved me a bunch of time and money. Current amount this car has cost me in 22 months $4,986.24 in PARTS ONLY! (I am my own labor)

OUCH! But hey, it's paid for!

Check out my BMW Blog

Damn. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 now Free
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Damn. Thanks for sharing.

I can send you my old MAF, put it on your car and see if it chokes yours to death too.

Check out my BMW Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    I can send you my old MAF, put it on your car and see if it chokes yours to death too.
    Lmao.

Glad things worked out in the end.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I should check my MAF like that. If I disconnect will it throw a code immediately? What are the symptoms of no MAF connected?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast