Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Terra, I think you're right, I think I did use a standard expert profile in NCS Expert.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

OK, I know this is kind of an old thread but I'm having a heck of a time getting the socket to go into the DSC plug. I CANNOT get it to go in and I have no idea why. I got the correct socket - I verified on real oem. I tried it with the little pop-up locking thing facing out and facing in. I'm not sure which one is right. Either way, it won't go into place and click. Anyone know?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Got it off eBay. Came from a Z4, but it's the same part as what came with the TPMS E46s.
    Not sure you will see this or not since its been a while but im curious how you check the part# of dsc module to see if it came on a TPMS car or not?'are you using realoem?

i have a module from a parts car and it has the # 6 765 454 but i cant see the coding index of it since the car is not able to talk to it and I dont have a bench setup for DSC modules yet.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

I would love to fire this discussion back up from some of the information goes back nearly 6 years. I am entertaining the retrofit and started my research and reading and all the information I find is setting the parameters to active in NCS Expert. However, has anyone used BMW Scanner 1.4 for RDC settings for the IKE and more to the point, can you reset the warning from within the RDC settings window. I have ordered the console reset switch but again, there seems to be confusion on what MK60 modules allow for resetting the light. Mine is a 2/2002 non-m, non-zhp MK60 if it matters.

Name:  tDJlezh.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  101.2 KB

Name:  ssJxwWk.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  76.1 KB

So went ahead today and coded everything in and I am waiting on my RPA button console panel so no wiring done yet.

IKE Index C06
    • Tire Pressure Control System (RDKS)~RDKS~aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    • Can-Bus Tire Pressure Control (RDC)~CAN_RDC~aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    • Tire Pressure Control System (RDKS) Warning Gong~AKUSTIK_RDKS~aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)
    • Output Device for tire pressure control system (rdks) warning~WARN_MEDIUM_RDKS~gong / (piezo)

MK60 Index C04
    • Tire Pressure Control System (RDKS)~REIFENDRUCKWARNSYSTEM~aktiv / (nicht_aktiv)

• Added FA code $251 to the VO
    • Reset RPA in INPA

First impressions:

Turn ignition on, TPMS lights yellow, then turns red, then goes out. 3 seconds later the TPMS lights yellow again. Stays yellow for 10 additional seconds and then goes out. I took it out for a 20 minute test drive and seems to work perfectly, no light at all. So from all my reading and research on this retrofit from this forum and others, I have not seen anyone with the same light sequence as mine nor has anyone posted about any error messages. Just wondering if anyone else has ever read or seen anything like what mine is doing?

Hooked up BMW Scanner 1.4 and read the error on ABS showing RPA Button missing.

Name:  MK60 Error.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  117.4 KB

Name:  BMW Scanner VO.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  149.7 KB

Hi Overboost,
    i did that modification, but my button doesn't work since i have a non-ZHP DSC MK60. Maybe you got lucky that yours will work even if you don't have a ZHP E46 version, but in most of the case, the logic works, but the reset not. If you do have a fault because your button isn't present, i would assume that it will work in your case. The sequence is probably due to the absence of the button and the error you see in BMW Scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    Hi Overboost,
    i did that modification, but my button doesn't work since i have a non-ZHP DSC MK60. Maybe you got lucky that yours will work even if you don't have a ZHP E46 version, but in most of the case, the logic works, but the reset not. If you do have a fault because your button isn't present, i would assume that it will work in your case. The sequence is probably due to the absence of the button and the error you see in BMW Scanner.
    I have a 2005 ZHP and my reset doesn’t work either. Everything else does except the reset
    05 BMW • 330i • ZHP • DINAN3

Instagram @205_zhp

Quote Originally Posted by TLL0003 View Post
    I have a 2005 ZHP and my reset doesn’t work either. Everything else does except the reset
    Maybe they changed something in the very late E46 production , but I guess you are not part of the majority, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    Maybe they changed something in the very late E46 production , but I guess you are not part of the majority, don't you think?
    I have no idea. I was surprised when it didn’t work on my car but it’s still nice to have the monitor even if I can’t reset it with the button
    05 BMW • 330i • ZHP • DINAN3

Instagram @205_zhp

Well to update my post, I think the 10 second second yellow icon is letting me know it isn't happy. I dropped the left rear to 15 PSI and drove it nearly 5 miles with no warning popping up on the dash. It would be safe to say it is not functioning properly. I could visibly see the low tire and a <50% ratio to the other 3. What I find odd is the light should remain on if the system is inoperative from my reading so I am a little puzzled. Here is a video of the key on sequence. Notice the initial yellow/red/off and then yellow for an additional 10 seconds.

https://youtu.be/bnz6dWDNs1o

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast