Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hello guys,

old topic refresh Thanks JupiterBMW for this very nice DYI. I tried to manage it, did the coding part and wire the pins in between the button and the DSC connector. Coding part seems to work, i get the amber/red light and then off when i put my ignition key in position 2 correctly everytime. But when i push the TPMS reset button, nothing happen on my dashboard. I don't know exactly where to look. Does INPA will let me know if the button is pressed or not through the cable so i can see if there is a failure there ?

OEM TPMS Retrofit- The full package doityourself

You won't see anything. The button is only there to reset the light if it comes up. To fully test the retrofit, take the car for a drive and then let some air out of one of the tires. Drive another little bit and see that the light comes on. Go to local station, refill the tire, and then press and hold the button to reset the light.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using two hands to hold the damn thing!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

I thought it was something like that, but i wasn't sure. I will test that tomorrow and let you know, so it will be an additional confirmation to this DYI, unless you really experimented it that way ?

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    I thought it was something like that, but i wasn't sure. I will test that tomorrow and let you know, so it will be an additional confirmation to this DYI, unless you really experimented it that way ?
    That's how I tested the system with my car.

2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

on a scale of 1-10 how hard was this for you to do?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    That's how I tested the system with my car.

Thanks for the feedback, i will try the same tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    on a scale of 1-10 how hard was this for you to do?

Well, i think it depends how use you are with retrofit. I did a lot of work on my previous car, so i am a bit used to wire/solder/and so on ...
    I would say quite easy as there is only 1 wire, the only difficulty is to find out the good pin and then it is quite easy.
    The good one are :
    Contact (both DSC and switch panel fitted for me): 61136901726
    Grommet: 61138366245

Well, i think it depends how use you are with retrofit. I did a lot of work on my previous car, so i am a bit used to wire/solder/and so on ...
    I would say quite easy as there is only 1 wire, the only difficulty is to find out the good pin and then it is quite easy.
    The good one are :
    Contact (both DSC and switch panel fitted for me): 61136901726
    Grommet: 61138366245
    Im okay with turning a wrench but I have no experience with wiring. I have to wait for Jon to visit SoCal so he can help me do this, or someone nearby who has done it. haha. Ive wanted to do it for a long time though.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

You can't do a mess with that retrofit, it is only one cable. If you follow the guide step by step and be careful while inserting pins in connectors that they are in the right direction, you should make it.

Feedback from my test.

I reduced the pressure of a tire and went for a small ride. After 1-2 miles, the light went red, so it seems to run fine .
    When back at the garage, i set the pressure of my tire back to:the good value and tried to reset the light but it doesn't work at all..

I checked the wire and the pins. I checked my coding value tried to reset them and put them back to active, i checked with the control panel of another car having tpms, not working either.
    I am running out of ideas.. What could be wrong ?
    The wire button and connection must be good because i saw that dsc is triggering an error if the reset button is pressed for more than 120seconds, i tried and i got the error.
    The only thing not working is the reset.

Any idea please ? Could it be the version of the software that my dsc is having? My car productin date is 2003/04.

No idea about this problem ? I tried also to change my VO number and add the S251, but not sure if it is the one concerning the DSC TPMS system, but it still doesn't work to reset the light.
    It's a pitty, the system reacts well and saw that i had a low pressure tire, but i can't reset it ... That's my only problem so far ...
    I checked, i do have the MK60 DSC Module, i well wired the pin number 2 of the control panel with the 40 one of my DSC Plug and the wire looks good, i tested with a multimeter if it is not broken somewhere.
    The only thing i am not sure, if my car doesn't requires an additional code as it is a diesel one and/or if i need to adapt the VO number, but it seems not to be S251, but there is also S265 and S2VB which i haven't tested ...
    Last edited by mauro23; 07-03-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast