Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sorry for the mistake about the wire of 50 gauge, i know better metric system
    Anyway, be careful about the description of your problem, you might be in the same position as i had previously. This tutorial will only work with ZHP E46 version. I did a lot of research and test with my own installation, and it never worked with the button. However, you can reset easily the system with INPA and a K-Line cable. I also tried on a car equipped with the OEM TPMS option to push the button while the light was off, it should show yellow, then amber light and then goes off meaning that the learning values have been reseted. Be careful as well when lowering your tire pressure that you already drove some miles with the system activated but with the correct tire pressure, otherwise the learning value of the system will be calibrated on the wrong tire pressure. You have to remember that this system doesn't know when it get initialized if the tire pressure is set correctly, this is our concern.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Ok, looked again... Did some searching, and yes, you do need to add $251 to your VO. Once you do that, you will need to update your modules and activate the lines that I mentioned in the original post...

Good luck.
    Awesome, thank you very much for checking on this. I will get that done and retest.
    05 BMW • 330i • ZHP • DINAN3

Instagram @205_zhp

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    Sorry for the mistake about the wire of 50 gauge, i know better metric system
    Anyway, be careful about the description of your problem, you might be in the same position as i had previously. This tutorial will only work with ZHP E46 version. I did a lot of research and test with my own installation, and it never worked with the button. However, you can reset easily the system with INPA and a K-Line cable. I also tried on a car equipped with the OEM TPMS option to push the button while the light was off, it should show yellow, then amber light and then goes off meaning that the learning values have been reseted. Be careful as well when lowering your tire pressure that you already drove some miles with the system activated but with the correct tire pressure, otherwise the learning value of the system will be calibrated on the wrong tire pressure. You have to remember that this system doesn't know when it get initialized if the tire pressure is set correctly, this is our concern.
    Good luck
    Good to know and thanks for the response. I am working with a ZHP so I'm thinking it should work. I'll update when I add $251 to the VO

Instagram @205_zhp

Ok, so I have confirmed that the system works now after adding $251 to the VO. I can reset it using INPA, but the reset button in the car still does not work. I used a solid core wire instead of a multistrand copper wire. Would this affect its functionality?

It shouldn't. I'm guessing you don't have the wire connected correctly at one end, or in the correct pins. I would verify those, and check for continuity with a meter.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using two hands to hold the damn thing!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Could you give more detail about your car as well ? Especially which year it is ?

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    Could you give more detail about your car as well ? Especially which year it is ?
    Sure thing, it's an 05 330i ZHP. I used a solid core I believe 18 gauge speaker wire for the reset button.

I will test it with a meter and see what I can find.

Instagram @205_zhp

Weird, should work in your case. I would check the wire connections as well with a meter and be sure that the pins are correctly inserted in the plugs

Any chance your DSC module was replaced with a non-ZHP unit at some point? What coding index does NCS Expert report when you read the MK60 module?

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Any chance your DSC module was replaced with a non-ZHP unit at some point? What coding index does NCS Expert report when you read the MK60 module?
    No the DSC module hasn't been replaced. The TPMS is functioning properly, just the reset button isn't working. I am able to reset using INPA. I'm not 100% sure I know what you mean by what coding index NCS reports, but I will get my computer and check.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast