Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looking forward to the pictures.

OP is in CA, so I doubt he'll have issues with the bulbs, since we don't have inspections outside of smog. Cops are on the lookout for tint, though.
    In the market for an E90 M3

I've had no problems with mine and they were put on a few months ago.
    A buddy of mine got pulled over for speeding and the cop mentioned to him that his clear bulbs they were illegal. The cop didn't feel like they were enough of an issue to write up a fix-it ticket. So I don't think they're too worried about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    OP is in CA, so I doubt he'll have issues with the bulbs, since we don't have inspections outside of smog. Cops are on the lookout for tint, though.
    Good to know. I was considering tinting my fronts.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

I went with a lighter 30% tint and (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues. Sometimes I'll roll down my windows if I'm near running alongside a patrol car just to be safe. They just seem too busy to worry about a light tint. I've heard from many drivers of "higher end" cars with dark tint that they haven't had issues either. I didn't want to increase the risk going dark. So, you can do it, but know there is some risk associated. Worst case, you get a ticket and have to remove it. Of course, that is for LA so Norcal might be different.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I went with a lighter 30% tint and (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues. Sometimes I'll roll down my windows if I'm near running alongside a patrol car just to be safe. They just seem too busy to worry about a light tint. I've heard from many drivers of "higher end" cars with dark tint that they haven't had issues either. I didn't want to increase the risk going dark. So, you can do it, but know there is some risk associated. Worst case, you get a ticket and have to remove it. Of course, that is for LA so Norcal might be different.
    There is truth to this. I ran no plates on my ZHP and no cops ever gave me a second glance, but the young guys in the JDM (and USDM, to some extent, Mustangs/Camaros) crowd are always getting fix-its for them. Same story with tint. I'd venture to say that cops tend to ignore higher end cars for the most part. I know plenty of people with nice cars with front tints as well that never have issues. It's a nice perk.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by 330blast View Post
    4. The car is missing the spare, and I did not find anything decent locally. So I got an aftermarket 17" wheel with a new 225/45/17 tire from tire rack. About $200 out door.
    FYI, and for all who're interested - your car wasn't 'missing' its spare. A Spare Tire Delete is actually one of the line items of the ZHP package; this is presumably for weight savings.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

If it is the OEM BMW "silver" bulbs - they do blink yellow
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

I think you are right about weight saving. I just found that the tool kit has nothing in it. PO probably took them all out to get the weight to minimum.

On a side note, I have trouble to post picture into the thread. When I insert picture and put URL to my Flickr page, the pictures won't show up. Should I add them as attachments?

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    But if you have clears, and are subject to inspection, you will not pass because they won't blink amber.

Just a heads up.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH now Free
    Dane,
    In CT, the law is that they must blink amber or at least an off-white color (slightly yellowish). There are lots of older Volvos that have the off-white bulbs in them from the factory and they pass just fine. We don't get inspection here, of course, but they didn't change the bulbs based on what state the car was sold in to make it pass, so I would think that a bulb that blinks like that would pass in VA. You might want to check the state law just in case.

If this is a concern for anyone, you could always go the LED route. My bulbs are 25W CREE LEDs. They blink amber and cannot be seen from the outside unless you stick your nose up against the taillight housing. As far as looks go, it looks perfectly clear with no color tinge, but when on, they blink brighter than OEM halogen bulbs. Mine are CANBUS, so no bulb-out errors and no hyperflash.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast