Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing the ZHP

Missing the ZHP

So I was going through some old pictures of my ZHP tonight including the day I bought it and realized how much I miss the car. The lines of the body, the mods I had done to it and just the driving experience. So different than the 335. Yes, the 335 will rip your face off when you punch it but the same driving experience just isn't there. I'm hoping coils for it will help but dang I wish I hadn't sold the ZHP....

Just glad it stayed in the family cause it really is a great car! Anyone else who sold their ZHP miss it?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Coulda went 1er, but you'd still miss the ZHP. I miss mine, though I also really love the 1. There is an Imola twin of my car at the track this weekend (yest and today) and two other ZHPs. It tugs my heart strings. If they weren't priced where they'e are I'd pick one up and make it a track car.
    - Marc

Hearing both of you remis about your ZHP only confirms why I won't be selling either of my E46 BMWs. Thanks guys!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    So I was going through some old pictures of my ZHP tonight including the day I bought it and realized how much I miss the car. The lines of the body, the mods I had done to it and just the driving experience. So different than the 335. Yes, the 335 will rip your face off when you punch it but the same driving experience just isn't there. I'm hoping coils for it will help but dang I wish I hadn't sold the ZHP....

Just glad it stayed in the family cause it really is a great car! Anyone else who sold their ZHP miss it?
    I can sell it back... ? I have recently thought about trying to sell it to get into an AW ZHP. There are TWO for sale right now and it is killing me!

However, this jet black is amazing when it's clean! You did a great job taking care of this car, and I am doing everything I know to keep it as nice!
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

The E92 335i is a great BMW. I love catching one off streetlights and following it on take off, it has such a great exhaust note. It's funny how we desire what we don't have right? I considered one before the ZHP, but the allure of the exclusivity and classiness pulled me away from the E92. Still to this day, the E92 would be my second choice after the ZHP, even if it only has 2 doors. The one thing I did not love was the interior, but still that's just my personal preference - i felt nothing was functionally wrong (except cup holders) with it.
    Fuelly

Good point. I did like how you didn't see ZHPs everywhere. Whereas there's provably 20 e9xs being driven by students around campus.

I think the amount of work I did on the ZHP made it "mine" whereas I'm just not at that point ywt on the e92
    -Chris-

While I know ZHP is a a fantastic car and I really enjoyed it, I will always miss the M3 more. Yes, it was less comfortable, less practical, got worse gas mileage, and was expensive to run. But the moments when everything was in sync made it all worth it.
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Chris,
    We've had at least one ZHP in the stable for the last 3 years but I've only ever driven one as my DD for about 3 months. And I can/have gone several months without driving one and then when I finally do again, it reconfirms that this "non-special" breed bit me about 3-1/2 years ago and I still have a severe case of ZHP-itis disease. Preston's car will be back at school by the end of the month (I'm currently playing with it), ping him if you need to scratch your ZHP itch, he'd love to drive a 35.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Yeah I'll have to txt him and see if he wants to meet up sometime. He told me he's interested in a 335 next
    -Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    i felt nothing was functionally wrong (except cup holders) with it.
    If you think those are bad go test out an E38 (assuming you can find one with non-broken cupholders)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast