Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to refresh suspension to OEM?

Suspension in the ZHP is fine, but at 100k I want to replace the necessary parts to give it the stock ride again.

What should I replace exactly? I've heard the Coils themselves are fine, and I'll add in a strut bar, but I just want to refresh the suspension back to OEM.

What do you guys suggest?

Check the front control arm bushings by grabbing the tire and trying to jerk it. You may not need anything, but those and the struts may need to be monitored. Others will chime in here with more info.

Front LCAB's went polyurethane at 85k.

Sway bar end links need to be changed probably.

I just did a refresh on my 1999 E36 M3 with 50,000 miles. First let me say that all four of the stock shocks were toast. I decided to replace the Front Control Arm bushings, Sway Bar End Links, Shocks, Struts, Shock Mounts, Strut Mounts New Eibach Pro Kit Springs and RTABS. I would suggest that the Shocks and struts in your car are almost done. The springs may still be good but at that mileage and since it will be apart I would invest in new stock springs.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    I just did a refresh on my 1999 E36 M3 with 50,000 miles. First let me say that all four of the stock shocks were toast. I decided to replace the Front Control Arm bushings, Sway Bar End Links, Shocks, Struts, Shock Mounts, Strut Mounts New Eibach Pro Kit Springs and RTABS. I would suggest that the Shocks and struts in your car are almost done. The springs may still be good but at that mileage and since it will be apart I would invest in new stock springs.
    Control Arm bushings are getting done Saturday.

So I need to do Sway bar end links, shocks, struts, strut mounts and RTABS?

What did that suspension setup cost ya?

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    50k miles

I should be seeing more pictures.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'd go with CABs first. The other stuff may not be needed but can be done depending on your wallet. My '02 330Ci needed control arms and front struts at @122k. It all depends....

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

i would get the car up in the air and do a thorough inspection of all the bushings, sway bar, end links, control arms, etc. Depending on what you see and feel and your budget will determine how much of a refresh to do. I luckily found a lightly used set of Bilstein shocks and struts for $450. I bought the strut mounts, shock mounts, sway bar end links and bump stops from ECS. I bought my RTABS and FCABS from AKG Motorsports and the Eibach springs from Tire Rack. Total was around 1,200 including shipping tax etc. I saved a lot of money doing it myself. Not a difficult job.

Here you go DW: Oh and it's Imola red. These were taken a week or so ago after I did a paint correction:

Last edited by echo46; 10-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Dats purdy!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast